Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Crusty AF
1,215 Posts
empty_set said:
What odds would you put on a collision with a Canada goose?
Along the lakeshore here in Toronto, nearly 100%! Buggers are everywhere. It's 50/50 though that the collision may be from sliding into one after wiping out on a patch of goose juice.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
shomyoface said:
Given CTT's race results this year, I;m not sue why they wouldn't come race in Canada, perhaps the competition would be less and they might actually win a race?! So much for all these supposed benefits of their aero bikes................cool aid if you ask me
Oh come on, that's not fair. Hushovd narrowly won that tour stage after sitting on Cancellara's wheel for 20km. There's that. I'm sure they won something else this year too. Not positive, but pretty sure they won a stage in California or some other not-so-important race.
At least the ladies team is decent.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Cervelo makes some nice bikes but they are a wee bit overpriced IMHO. I test rode an R3 Dura Ace about a month back and it was a damned nice bike. I've also been on the saddle of an S1 and that pretty much trumps all other alloy rides except the CAAD9. While CTT may not be getting stellar results, CSC was kicking serious ass on Cervelo bikes so they must not be the Huffy of Canada.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Lazy Spinner said:
Cervelo makes some nice bikes but they are a wee bit overpriced IMHO. I test rode an R3 Dura Ace about a month back and it was a damned nice bike. I've also been on the saddle of an S1 and that pretty much trumps all other alloy rides except the CAAD9. While CTT may not be getting stellar results, CSC was kicking serious ass on Cervelo bikes so they must not be the Huffy of Canada.
You made my point for me.
It trumps every thing out there except the CAAD9. That's mostly true. The(my) problem is that the CAAD9 is $500 less, but is a better riding, lighter bike. The same thing applies across the entire Cervelo line. Sure they are good bikes, but they are far from the best bikes. And they are charging "best" bike prices. They have to pay for all that sponsorship and advertising somehow I guess.
Take the R3sl. Is it lighter, stiffer, or better riding than a SuperSix HiMod? It sure ain't (well it likely is when you factor in C-Dale's tank of a headset). But it's almost a $1000 more than the SuperSix. If Cervelo took a solid 30% off of their price they would be in the ball park of where they need to be.
Do a google search for how Colnago makes and paints the EPS. Made in Italy using high quality raw carbon, painted in Italy, and painted in about a million different steps. Then have a look at the two color, made in China (not even Taiwan) Cervelo S3 that are the same price as Colnago's top offering and $1500 more than a CX-1. Factor in that you pretty much have to use SRAM on it because the internal cable routing makes it almost impossible to get DA7900 to work properly. This is the reason CTT rode DA7800 last year. It's robbery what they charge for their frames.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts