Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry OP that this thread has taken a bit of a sidetrack, but back to your situation.

In the US, warranty service is better than in smaller countries. There are (a little bit) of consumer laws here that protect consumers. There are small claim courts here that is a potential avenue for a consumer to sue a company (if such consumer so desired on doing). Companies operating in the US know this, so they tend to be a little more generous to warranties filed under US territory, and of course they also price their bikes higher to cover for such warranty service. But for many smaller nations, warranty means crap. What happened to you would rarely be allowed to happen in the US. In the US, you could take this matter to "small claim" courts and win, but most likely the company will want to avoid court time by giving in to your (in this case, very reasonable) resolution.

These sort of stories isn't just in Greece. I've heard lots of similar stories in Asia, like Vietnam, Thailan, Indonesia.

I'm of the opinion that for cycling teams or individuals operating on a small budget, you're better off sourcing your equipment from the Chinese brands (eg, Winspace). Yes, Chinese brands are not as big and renouned as the Western brands, but you also are paying only 1/3 the cost of equipment. Should a warranty goes sour, then well, you could get another bike and still be in a good situation. After seeing the recent Shanghai bicycle trade show, I'm astonished by the array of available equipment over there, at a fraction of what we'd pay for here in the US. I know a few local teams here who are on "Chinese brands" and they are loving it. Personally, I love the Winspace frames and wheels, they are top notched compared to all the big brands.

I am currently look at some frames for the parts that i bought and I am seriously thinking of winspace.. thanks for the info, appreciated....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I had the same frame, Cervelo Soloist Team (aluminum, anodized black). Developed a crack in the seatube and fortunately, Cervelo replaced it with a new carbon S2, so I can't be too mad. I sold it immediately, no more Cervelos for me.

That's for sure, NO MORE CERVELOS!!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts