Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i noticed the other day on my bike that i built up, that I'm getting some chain rub... let me explain... big chainring, 12T cog... I get the inner plate of my chain, just rubbing the forward tooth of the cog as i pedal... so i have about the 1st 2 links at any time, rubbing the tooth of the 12T when i'm in my big gears... doesn't rub any other time, seems like the chain is just at too much of an angle to run straight through the casette, and in the front, its still coming from the inside (from the chainstay)... any ideas? I can snap a photo tonight if this doesn't make sense...

assuming i'll kill the chain and casette if i keep the rubbing, pretty sure the casette is put together fine, wondering if i need to space the crank out just a bit? not sure how you'd do that, but that would straighten the chain line a bit and might get rid of the rubbing...

thanks for any ideas... let me know if photos would be more helpful

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

didn't even notice it until i was cleaning and relubing (only have 200 miles on it so far)... noticed as i was pedaling backwards, and it clicks just a bit as the inner plate slips over the cog... but when i ride, i don't notice anything, was just afraid i'd be ruining the chain and cogs really quickly with the rubbing, but then again, i'm in my 12 pretty rarely...

thanks for the response.

lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.