Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
extremely biased
870 Posts
They are not replaceable with any other bolt. It's a different diameter and actually threads into the inner chainring.

Starnut

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are you sure. On my 2002 CAAD7 SI DBL Rings 53/39T with BB30, I changed the aluminum ones with 8mm chromoly bolts. They are the standard, male/female style. Infact, I did this to get the aluminum ones off, since they were squeking.
What year are the cranks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are 2008/2009 cranks as far as I know (although I received MK III chainrings with my crank arms). My bolts are silver and I was looking to replace them with black or red colored bolts to finish off by SuperSix build. Also, I ordered cerami bearings from my LBS when I ordered my crankset, but I wound up with the standard steel bearings. Is there any possible way to order the red Cdale Si bearing shield (and the ceramic bearings) directly from Cdale since my LBS is a major PITA when it comes to getting merch. in a timely fashion? Thanks.

Oh, and are there any marked advantages to the MKV rings over the III's? I am not sure why I wound up with the III's. Thanks again!

·
Naso Unicornis
875 Posts
ChosenOne:

Your LBS did you a favor. Ask them for a refund since the steel bearings are cheaper. I've had the Cannondale Ceramics. They started clicking about 2 months into it. I ride Enduro Zeros right now and I think they are beginning to click as well.

I've just gotten lazy about replacement but the clicking is driving me nuts when I climb. I will probably replace them with the regular Enduro steel bearings.

CHL

·
extremely biased
870 Posts
only the mark IV and V are the "no nuts" system so the Mark III will use a standard dounble chainring bolt.

Differences between Marks III, IV, and V................ lighter and a shift better with each generation..........

Starnut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts