Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
4,459 Posts
Here's how real men get one.
1. Dip a 56t ring in ink. Make sure you get a real cheapy aluminum ring, one that is unfinished, with plenty of burrs on it.
2. Bolt it up to a fixed gear bike.
3. Clamp the bike onto a trainer, but dial the resistance to zero, so the rear wheel isn't even touching the drum, so the wheel spins freely and seeminly forever when you turn the cranks by hand.
4.Crank 'er up by hand to about 180 rpms.
5. Let go of the cranks and stick the back of your calf into the space right where the chain starts to engage the ring from above.

One of three things will happen, all of them resulting in a tat that will get you much respect-for life, making even the gnarliest islander say, "Damn, bro, that's HARDCORE!"
1. If your skin is tough enough and you get enough meat into it, you'll completely jam up the cranks, stopping them dead.
2. If you hesitate and don't get enough skin into it, you'll just wind up ripping off a chunk of flesh, barely slowing down the cranks.
3. If you're really good, and really had the cranks spinning, your skin will rotate completely around the chainring will it gets spit out the bottom.

· Registered
110 Posts

· Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
That's pretty cool. I like the clover leaf chain ring... don't know if it will ever make it to my skin though...

· Registered
2,771 Posts
got one on my calf

its a partial arc

it shows only 9 teeth and has a solid arch on the inside. only .5" from top of tooth to bottom of the inside arch.

got it after giving up my truck.

well, made myself wait a year afterwards too.

been 4 years now car free...

· Registered
583 Posts
dfleck said:
got one on my calf

its a partial arc

it shows only 9 teeth and has a solid arch on the inside. only .5" from top of tooth to bottom of the inside arch.

got it after giving up my truck.

well, made myself wait a year afterwards too.

been 4 years now car free...

...let's see some pics man

· gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
merckxman said:

Wow. Talk about taking some beautiful designs (the chainrings) and them ruining them with bad design (not sure who should be held reposibile for that? the tattoo artist or the idiot with the tattoos?) :rolleyes:

· gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
Where did i refer to style? I was referring to design. A completely different thing. Perhaps you should read before you reply next time? :rolleyes:

Gazoo said:
who died and made you the king of style?

· Registered
61 Posts
botto said:
Where did i refer to style? I was referring to design. A completely different thing. Perhaps you should read before you reply next time? :rolleyes:
Design-Style --whatever. Potatoes --Potatos

They're tattoos on someone else's body--you are entitled to your opinion--but why be such an ass about it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.