Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about two things:

1) How many people use chamois creme or Bag Balm? All the time or just for long rides?

2) Does the stuff ever expire/go bad? I found an 7+ year old jar of Assos creme in my closet and am wondering if it is still good or does it degrade over time. It looks a little soupy compared to the last time I saw it.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Love the Assos. I use it every ride and wouldn't be able to do anything over 5 hrs without it. I tried Beligium Butter but it did unspeakable things to my special places. I think I must be allergic to one of the ingredients.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
bag balm

Bobonli said:
Just curious about two things:

1) How many people use chamois creme or Bag Balm? All the time or just for long rides?

2) Does the stuff ever expire/go bad? I found an 7+ year old jar of Assos creme in my closet and am wondering if it is still good or does it degrade over time. It looks a little soupy compared to the last time I saw it.

Thanks
I use Bag Balm on long rides (50+ miles) and Udder Butter on shorter rides. Bag balm is much messier but is less likley to sweat off.

I am sure the stuff could go bad. If your Assos creme doesn;t have a funky smell its probbaly just fine

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ive been using chamois butt'r. Its great, though ill probably try the assos next. It really does help, I use it for every ride. I also rub it all over my "gear" (junk) as well. Really helps the head of mr happy from getting roughed up.

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
B15serv said:
Ive been using chamois butt'r. Its great, though ill probably try the assos next. It really does help, I use it for every ride. I also rub it all over my "gear" (junk) as well. Really helps the head of mr happy from getting roughed up.
doode ur not 'sposed to sit on the poor fella, move him to the side, i prefer the left.

·
yup
2,739 Posts
B15serv said:
well assos has a minty "bite" to it, I would test a small area before applying "vigorously"

·
I ride in circles..
4,990 Posts
I have chamois butt'r and Udderly smooth.. Both work well enough.. Udderly smooth is nice because you can get it at walmart and most other stores easilly enough.. Plus it's cheap!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Side effects... 1.You will be able to ride at least 5 hours a day. 2. Your average speed will leap up at least 4 miles per hour. 3. You will instantly be a Grand Tour contender, WITHOUT using someone elses' blood, or extract of bull balls. 4. Liz Hatch will be your post-ride babe slave. Have a nice day.

·
Diphthong
4,989 Posts
I never needed any cream until I started commuting several days/week. So, I started using the Assos and only have issues on occassion. I'm hoping a shower will do the trick now. Before, I had to use baby wipes to clean up.

On a side note, I did a century with Chamois Butt'r and got a sore. I won't be using that stuff anymore.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
tferris said:
Assos
Only on +80 miles or extremely hot days
yup...on regular rides I don't need anything.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.