Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in charge of getting our "team" kits. We went with Champ-Sys last year and are pretty sastisfied with the jerseys. But this year we want to go with the full kit and everybody is asking about the quality of the shorts/bibs, chamois, etc. Anybody got any experience with them. Pros, cons?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have a pair of the shorts. They are of decent quality (not Assos) the lycra is a little lighter weight than I prefer, but the pad is really nice. They run a little on the big side (opposite of their jerseys)

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,526 Posts
Get them to send you some samples.
I am in the process of getting my company kit through them and they have been fantastic to work with.
Every person who is ordering some of my kit has commented that both the jerseys and knicks seem to be very good quality.
The chamois seems pretty decent and comes up reasonably high in front so that the frank and beans look is non-existent.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
I find their bib straps very short-others complain about this as well (for taller riders). Quality is OK, not top notch. Personally, the nicest team stuff I've ever worn came from Sugoi (they do Symmetrics etc). Their chamois is amazing and I like the material they use on their shorts (called ultra aero, the dimpled less shiny stuff; I don't have any connection to them).

·
Looking for my Amish Love
948 Posts
Our team used Champs last year, this year we went with Nalini. The bibs are just plain awful. The chamois will bunch up and grind away at your inner thigh. The pad is ok, but nothing special and a vast majority of our bibs were not sewn straight, which led them to be pulled to one side more than the other. Champs' response was inadeqaute "send the bibs back & we will fix them."
What about quality control from the beginning? What about the 4 months it took (instead of the stated 2 months, to get our kits?

So we went with Nalini & so far are quite happy with the clothing.
Champs is only good cause it is inexpensive & low minimums, but the quality is totally sub-par.

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
They run a tad small like everyone else said, but I still fit into my mediums just fine. Tall riders will have more of a problem.

Actually, the slightly tighter fit makes the chamois more comfortable because there is less chafing. We went with LG this year and the jersey quality is much better. Although the material of the bibs is nicer with LG, their pad is just not as comfortable as champ-sys. Actually, I don't know anyone in our club who likes the new LG chamois that they use in their custom kits. Definitely do NOT go with Voler.

Next year will be LG because the print quality is p-r-o. LG is good to work with...we have no problems with minimum orders. But honestly, I would like to try Sugoi, Hincapie, or something special. But for the money, champion bibs are good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.