Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are finally and officially empty nesters, so azpeterb and I converted one of the kid's rooms into our bike room. Just finished it up tonight. Those stripes took us two full weekends to paint, we way underestimated the magnitude and difficulty of painting five different colors together like that. Unless you have a very strong relationship with your partner, I don't recommend ever trying this at home. FYI.... laser levels are the devil on a textured wall and we needed lots of alcohol to recover from the trauma.

Here's some pictures....

Paint Rectangle Paper product Paper Sticker Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Wood Wheel Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Room Clothes hanger Shelving Collection Bag

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Needs more bikes.

Poang - best armchair evar.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Very nice!!

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Nice! That striping must have taken a while, but the kitteh seems to approve.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, then they'll have to park a sleeping bag between the bikes! :)

·
off the back
15,579 Posts
Lol, I was going to say the same thing. :D

The room looks great, guys. Nice job! Do you do maintenance in there as well?
Me too. Three bikes, you call that a bike room?

You need one of these.

·
Proud luddite
7,223 Posts
Nice! That striping must have taken a while, but the kitteh seems to approve.
That's Little Kitty, our 18 y.o. (and eldest cat of the bunch). I think she does approve, and she has a discriminating taste so that's encouraging.

It was a lot of work getting those stripes done right but we're happy with the results. We also removed the carpet/pads and the popcorn from the ceiling before our neighbor (professional flooring installer) laid the flooring for us. So the cost of the renovation was minimal but holy crud, the labor was way more than we thought it would be. Fun times. :)

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Bicycle part Bicycle frame
I really like the finished room. No such luck here--I'm getting the hallway outside the laundry and installed a set of these hinging hangers and one high shelf:

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,945 Posts
I totally dig what you did in that room.

One thought- why not use freestanding bike stands? Especially with white wall paint, you're just asking for handlebar contamination from grime/grease/dirt to foul your lovely walls.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Must be fun getting the tandem in and out of there.
I usually leave tire marks on our hallway walls with my bikes. A tandem would be impossible in our house.

·
Proud luddite
7,223 Posts
I totally dig what you did in that room.

One thought- why not use freestanding bike stands? Especially with white wall paint, you're just asking for handlebar contamination from grime/grease/dirt to foul your lovely walls.
We ordered a cheap/flimsy one last week but had to return it when we discovered it sucked. We're trying to figure out what we want to do but yeah, we don't want to mark up the walls.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
no repair stand?

seriously, though, looks nice. more patience in painting than me.

i hope bike rooms dont go by the "how many bikes do you need" equation...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts