Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the craziness goin on, what are the odds of a podium with more than 1 American? Not that I think it will happen, but it could. And it could help keep the American foot in the door.

Plus, it is nice to see OLN not married to Disco this year. It may just be a separation, but at least they arent slurping each other as much. OLN has started to talk/do profiles on more than just Americans, too. Just as long as they dont have Tommy D doin commentary. I cant believe I'm sayin this, but I might even prefer The Traut to Tommy D.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
could be all American Podium

Floyd, Levi and George
Popo has a very good shot of being the foreigner

man I think that would piss off the French even more!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
weltyed said:
With all the craziness goin on, what are the odds of a podium with more than 1 American? Not that I think it will happen, but it could. And it could help keep the American foot in the door.

Plus, it is nice to see OLN not married to Disco this year. It may just be a separation, but at least they arent slurping each other as much. OLN has started to talk/do profiles on more than just Americans, too. Just as long as they dont have Tommy D doin commentary. I cant believe I'm sayin this, but I might even prefer The Traut to Tommy D.

You must be kidding me. When TommyD was saying with a straight face that Hincapie will win over Ullrich and Basso and they just let it slide - just kind of nodding in agreement. Ok, that was before all the drug accusations, but it was a totally insincere "prediction". They spent much more time on american contenders, mentioning everyone, even Freddy Rodriguez - but very little on Ulle or Basso. In retrospect it's Ok, now that Ulle/Basso are out. But still - they are pandering to american fans with their hyping up of Hincapie, TommyD future chances, etc.

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
55x11 said:
But still - they are pandering to american fans with their hyping up of Hincapie, TommyD future chances, etc.
of course they are, it is a show packaged for americans. but at least they are talking about non-americans more than they had been.

and tommy d's long pause followed by, "i wouldnt put it past him" was laughable.

personally, i see landis, levi, and julich better contenders than george even after all the doping stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If Zabriskie wins the time trials and ends up in yellow, I'd think that CSC would try to defend that as long as they could. Who knows, if this scenario were to pan out, maybe Z could pull something special out of his hat when the race hits the mountains?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.