Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have metatarsalgia - pain in the ball of the foot, which came on very recently from hard riding. I was 265 lbs and now 195. I've been riding for 2 years now (Cat 4).. and just resently had the pain came about. My doctor (podiatrist) gave me some pads to support the area that has the pain. He also advised me to take some anti inflammatory meds before heading out.

Since I'm assuming I need more cushion, I was wondering if I need to change my low end cycling shoes (shimano RA 80) or just get some comfy sole inserts to help with the pain (may gel?)

I've noticed that it's the foot that never comes off my bike until I finish....and I feel it coming on when I Mash for hills or sprinting (standing or sitting).

Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I had this for a while. It started on a hot century when I had my shoes too tight. Once I got a bad case of it, it seemed to happen more often. I cured it by switching shoes (from shimano road shoes to sidis), putting in Peterson insoles, and moving my cleats back just a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.