Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After test riding a fair amount of rides, I am seriously eyeing the Tarmac SL; I just love the ride.

Still saving for the purchase, and before I actually buy I wanted to see if anyone had insight into the changes for the 2007 model. I saw the recently introduced Roubaix SL on cyclingnews.com (very cool), and wanted to know if there were any major changes planned for the 2007 Tarmac SL.

Appreciate any help,

Simon

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
simonkeeton said:
After test riding a fair amount of rides, I am seriously eyeing the Tarmac SL; I just love the ride.

Still saving for the purchase, and before I actually buy I wanted to see if anyone had insight into the changes for the 2007 model. I saw the recently introduced Roubaix SL on cyclingnews.com (very cool), and wanted to know if there were any major changes planned for the 2007 Tarmac SL.

Appreciate any help,

Simon
Pretty sure they are redoing the chainstays as some of the biggest and smallest sizes has issues for a few users with chain rub on the stays, especially for 12-25's and 12-27's. Other then that I doubt it.

:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Why would the size of the cassette matter? Which stays? There is no way the chain could rub the seat stays, and it would seem that any problem with the chain stays would occur with an 11t in back.

I have a 61cm and there is no problem.

Coolhand said:
Pretty sure they are redoing the chainstays as some of the biggest and smallest sizes has issues for a few users with chain rub on the stays, especially for 12-25's and 12-27's. Other then that I doubt it.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.