Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hey Wettek --

" If it works for you -- real or imagined, that's all that counts." That's offensive? You're fitting into RBR quite well. Don't hang out under the bridge with Lombard.

Here's 1/10" of an inch __. Actually that's too much. It's less than that.

Hey -- I was getting soreness in my right hip last Fall. I tried those horse pill Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM pills with no luck. I bought a different pill at Costco that's a knock off of Move Free Ultra and it made it go away. $30 for 110 tabs. I take one day as directed on the bottle. It makes a huge difference. Imagined or not.

I guess all I've been trying to say is I've ridden a bunch of different crank sizes and noticed no difference. I don't race bikes anymore. I'm 59 years old. I still get in 4-5K miles a year. I've been riding bikes for a long time. Wish you the best and I hope the shorter crank solves your woes. For me, its up there with latex tubes. For you -- something different. The older I get, the more I find 'bike knowledge' borders on the ridiculousness.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Hey Wettek --

" If it works for you -- real or imagined, that's all that counts." That's offensive? You're fitting into RBR quite well. Don't hang out under the bridge with Lombard.

Here's 1/10" of an inch __. Actually that's too much. It's less than that.

Hey -- I was getting soreness in my right hip last Fall. I tried those horse pill Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM pills with no luck. I bought a different pill at Costco that's a knock off of Move Free Ultra and it made it go away. $30 for 110 tabs. I take one day as directed on the bottle. It makes a huge difference. Imagined or not.

I guess all I've been trying to say is I've ridden a bunch of different crank sizes and noticed no difference. I don't race bikes anymore. I'm 59 years old. I still get in 4-5K miles a year. I've been riding bikes for a long time. Wish you the best and I hope the shorter crank solves your woes. For me, its up there with latex tubes. For you -- something different. The older I get, the more I find 'bike knowledge' borders on the ridiculousness.
God I love keyboard warriors whose opinion is always right. I'm out.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,180 Posts
Well go and count your road bikes again and inflate your ego a bit more.
The MO of @pmf is predictable. When others here tell him he's wrong, he gets butt hurt and calls others "know it all". He's done this in other threads. In one word - LAME.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Somewhere in this thread lies the elusive 'Wormhole Monocle'. Ain't that a bitch.
Yes. Lombard, you have made some convincing arguments here. As usual.

"2.5mm in the world of bike fit is not insignificant."

__ :rolleyes:
Please explain why there's even size options.

BONUS Pic of the Wormhole Monocle on your face gets you one (1) 'like' per quarter.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts