Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been an avid touring/commuting cyclist for a while but decided to change directions. I am going to start focusing on individual time trialing. I figure it will push my limits and I don't have to worry about a pack of riders crashing me out. I want to pull the trigger on this decision quick.

Anyway, do you think anyone would trade their time trial rig for a custom 56cm Vanilla stainless lugged road frame outfitted with 10 speed Campy? If not, do you think the Vanilla would be worth 1500 as a used complete bike and do you think anyone here would be interested?

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
I'd keep the Vanilla and pick up a used TT bike....they can be found cheap on E-Bay and Craig's list.

That way you keep your nice Vanilla...which by themselves are hard to come by...but if you find you don't like time trials you still have your regular bike.

You really don't need much when it comes to Time Trials really...a basic bike that's several years old, a good fitting, a skin suit, helmet, shoe covers and wheels...which can be found online for much cheaper as well.

Don't give up the Vanilla :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
April 1st

I will buy your Vanilla with Record for $1500.00 :thumbsup: without even looking. You could get whatever TT bike you desire. Do you think you could ship it fast enough, so I could ride it this weekend?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I will even give you $1600.00 for it and pay additional 10% overcharge on shipping.:D You could even keep the saddle and pedals for your new TT bike.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Ab24029 said:
I will even give you $1600.00 for it and pay additional 10% overcharge on shipping.:D You could even keep the saddle and pedals for your new TT bike.
I'll raise the bid by $100, deliver 17 $100 bills to your house tonight and take that Vanilla off of your hands.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I just can't see how you would enjoy TT. I think you would be much happier with downhill / freeride. I've got a Dyno GT that I'll trade you for the Vanilla. You could put a front shock on it and have a ball.

But if you're really set on new TT bike, I'll buy the Vanilla. I'll even give you $2000.00. Only problem is, I have this check that my aunt gave for $5000.00. I'll send you the check and you send me the bike and the difference. OK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts