Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm about to change from Shimano spd sl road pedals to some Look Keo's.

Is this just a simple change of the cleats with the same alignment or are there traps for young players in doing so?

Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The only trap is to never, ever walk on Keo cleats. They wear so fast you'll spend more on the cleats in a few years time than you did on the pedals themselves. But if you do make the switch, I'd just put the cleats where the old ones were as a starting point, and they should be pretty close. You may have to make minor adjustments, but not much.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Is there any good reason that you are changing? These are almost identical in function except for the fact the Keo cleats really suck. I could understand changing if you had some knee issue and wanted more float like a speedplay or time or something, but I can't think of any good reason to move from SPD-SL to Keo.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Started with SPD-SL & last year decided to try Keo. IMHO- I think Keo cleats engage easier. Cleat covers are recommended when walking on original Keo cleats, but the newer Keo cleats have a "gripper" for walking & should hold up better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.