Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not my sexual orientation. :p I just have moved my office from one end of my firm's office suite to the other end. Given the new configuration of my office, my computer screen now is visible from the hall and any person who walks into my ofiice can see where I am surfing; in my old office only I could see the computer screen. I don't look at anything NSFW at the office, but already someone has remarked about the cycling pictures (i.e., an RBR ride report) that they saw me viewing. Fortunately, no one can fire me here. But, I need to do something about this -- I don't want to hear my assistant say something like: "Well why can't I surf the internet all day rather than do your work, after all, you are surfing the 'net, too."

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
It's quite simple, really. Tell your assistant you'll be happy to fire her and she can surf the Internet all day long if she wants. But for now, get me my damn coffee!!!!

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Just leave a stack of pink slips on your desk. every once in a while, look through them, then look at the people in the office, and shake your head while frowning. Mumble something about "how is all of this work going to get done now... we're shorthanded already" Then turn to your computer and surf RBR.

joe

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Some glare screens are remarkably good at blacking out the screen from all angles except sitting right in front of it. Also, a spherish mirror next to your computer lets you keep an eye on people behind you.

Because they're all out to get you.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
MarkS said:
Changed.... my sexual orientation. .....to the other end. .... any person who walks into my ofiice can see ....already someone has remarked ...But, I need to hear my assistant say ... you ..too?"
Fixed it for ya! :yikes: :devil: :wink:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Turn your desk around. I like to see people passing in front of me not hear them walking behind. That's what I did at work. Got some weird looks at first but it blew over quickly.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
MarkS said:
No, not my sexual orientation.
And there I was getting ready to offer you all sorts of helpful advice.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Get a glare screen thing and turn one of the monitors at an angle so they would have to be at a crazy angle to see it. Or move the desk and sit on the other side...

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
+1 on the glare screen.

+100 on moving your desk around. There's gots to be a way.

·
Non non normal
10,101 Posts
I was hoping this thread was about you changing your political orientation :D

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bigrider said:
I was hoping this thread was about you changing your political orientation :D
You truly are an optimist. :) Given that there have been Republican presidents for 20 of the past 28 years and there was a Republican majority in Congress for 6 of the 8 years of Bill Clinton's presidency, it feels kind of strange for my team to control both the White House and the Congress. Maybe I will become a Republican just so I can go back to my comfort zone of being in the political minority.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.