Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done the ride in Chappell Hill from Main street off 290 north to Washington State Park? I'm wondering about road conditions, traffic and elevation. Need some good hills.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Anyone done the ride in Chappell Hill from Main street off 290 north to Washington State Park? I'm wondering about road conditions, traffic and elevation. Need some good hills.
I do that ride about once a month. I was just there last Saturday. The Blue Bell's aren't to bright anymore. The riding is great there, very light traffic. By the time you get to the park and back you'll have a pretty good workout. That last hill coming back into town is a killer, for me anyhow. When you drive into town watch for the church on the right. Make a right there and park right behind the church. They have a little box there,if you want to throw a dollar into it. It's about 50 miles from my house, here in Cinco Ranch. The bike ride is about 40 miles round trip, give or take. Depends on how you go. Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
always a nice ride. You can do multiple laps on the loop to add to your ride. Will second the rec to put a dollar or 2 in the kitty for the public RR facilities. Biggest hills you will find around the Houston area except for Cold Spring

·
Registered
271 Posts
Send me a PM with the details of when you want to go but give me at least a couple days notice. If my schedule allows, I may join you. Been wanting to ride out there myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.