Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

I'm pretty reluctant to do this, but then I figured what the hell.

A friend of mine started the organization linked below. Basically, he's going around to orphanages and hospitals throughout Mexico, Central and South America and doing some filming. I'm not 100% clear on the details, but basically, he gives them all rights, etc. to the videos for whatever purpose they choose at not cost to them. I believe that his future plans include a whole array of promotional services to help attract donations, assistance, etc.

His blog isn't up to date, but he was recently in a bad motorcycle accident in Guatemala, I think. He's lucky to be alive, and has flown back to the States. He plans to continue with the work, but I think he's got a long road ahead. It doesn't sound like it, and he's kind of an unflappable sort of guy, but I'll bet he's feeling pretty discouraged right now - it hasn't been long since he got it off the ground.

At any rate, if you're looking to donate to a worthy cause, or know someone who is, take a look at his website:

http://lamanchamedia.org/

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Sigh... There are so many good charities - good luck to your friend. Hope he gets back on his feet soon.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
There certainly is no shortage of charities to donate to. I prefer to donate to local ones that help those in my area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.