Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of the road on which I live in Indiana, there used to be a barn, and painted on its black roof, the white letters read "See 7 States from Rock City". These next four images are taken from Rock City, which looks down on Chatanooga TN.

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This weekend, I believe, is the 3 States, 3 Mountains Challenge in Chattanooga Tennessee. Many from my bicycle club are down there now riding in the event, maybe some RBR'ers are too.

Therefore, I thought that I would post pictures of my trip to Chattanooga during the first week of March of this year. These were taken while riding the Riverpark trial (very nice) into downtown and back again. All locations pictured are right on the Tennessee River (except the collage of downtown buildings...just a few blocks from teh river.) The temperature was about 75 degrees, and it was nice to start my cycling season early.

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The turquoise bridge, is a loooong walking bridge across the river. On the weekend it was packed with people of all shapes and colors, walking, rollerblading, river watching, people watching, playing music. There is a park on the opposite shore, under the bridge. I stood on the bridge looking down on the park and watched some young men playing football. Chattanooga's riverfront is a great place for outdoor activities.

· Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
I was there last weekend and saw many of the same sites. It is a beautiful place. I took my bike last summer when we were there and the hills are steep!.

Rock City is super cool. A must see in my opinion.

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, zombies have taken over the city, and they only come out at night. Chattanooga has one hell of a night life though.

Thanks,
Tshirt

P.S. this ride was taken on a Wednesday during work hours.

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
raccoonmtn said:
i live in chattanooga,

btw t shirt im going to purdue in the fall so we cross paths. indiana and tennessee kinda wierd

Congratulations! It's a great school. Are you going to study engineering?

I went to Indiana Univ. Just so that you know, the Oaken Bucket will be ours again (though probably not any time soon).

Have fun at
Purdue,
Tshirt

· Registered
460 Posts
Picked up on this tread late, but brought back lots of memories. Went to college there. Unfortunately wasn't riding road at the time--mostly MTB (Chilhowee!). Anyway, great post. Thanks for helping dig up the pleasant memories.

· Registered
168 Posts
Great pictures! My wife and I were in Rock City, TN seven years ago as part of our honeymoon. We had a great time. We also traveled to Helen, GA, and enjoyed that as well. Of course, this was before my cycling interests, and I didn't know about Brasstown Bald!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.