Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my LBS install a new triple ring ultega crank, ultegra derailer and new chain on my 3year old TREK 1200. The bike chatters in just about every gear, even middle ring middle cog. I took it back to have him readjust it but it made very little difference.

·
Registered
213 Posts
This is why it is so impt to support your local lbs. So they can practice enough on your time and your money in order to get it right. Buy the book by Zinn, buy a screw driver and adjust it yourself. My guess it is cable tension which could be loosened or tightened with the adjuster on your downtube or the one right at the cable stop on the rear derailleur. I can never remember which way to turn it, so I turn it about a half a turn, remember what I did, then go ride it. If it is better turn it a bit more then try it again. If nothing good happens, go the other way using the same method.

Another thing could be the B screw that adjusts the angle of the dangle of your rear d in relationship to the hanger. Just yesterday I built up a bike and the B screw needed 5 turns inward to get the clunking out of the drivetrain.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.