Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under 100 bucks and wireless...and NOT HP. I've never had any luck whatsoever with their software suite, especially this latest round. I'm putting multiple rounds into this one when I replace it.

Basically just need to be able to print and scan reliably for school. I'm leaning towards a Canon right now but open to suggestions.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Sylint said:
Under 100 bucks and wireless...and NOT HP. I've never had any luck whatsoever with their software suite, especially this latest round. I'm putting multiple rounds into this one when I replace it.

Basically just need to be able to print and scan reliably for school. I'm leaning towards a Canon right now but open to suggestions.

Funny you should ask. We just bought this one last week when our Epson went tits up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GP7Z6Y/ref=oss_product

I've no complaints on quality, ease of use/setup and speed.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
HP 8500
Best printer, fax, scanner available.

john

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
I use a visioneer scanner and an Okidata mono laser printer, I have no need to print color and am NOT a fan of all in one units. For B&W printing, a mono laser is by far the most economical way to go.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
For B&W printing, a mono laser is by far the most economical way to go.
^This.

You may shudder at the cost of the toner cartridges in some cases, but the cost per page works out to be significantly lower than an inkjet. Unless you need color for your courses on a regular basis, save yourself the cost and hassle.

I have a basic Samsung mono laser, and it works great. I know you're not in Canada, but as an example:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=105c66244cf96a9f3b179d4903525b9cen02

At a retail of $129.99 in Canada, it should come in around $100 or $109 in the US.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
Again, if you want a B&W Laser Printer, the HP-P1006 is awesome, Fast, <#99.00.

john

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
The Canon is a nice printer if your doing a lot of photo's. The Chromalife Ink is very good ink for photo's which it is designed for. If your just doing average office printing, you'll find the ink is pretty exspensive for that purpose.

I like Canon printers for photos and have two. A large format Pixma Pro 9000 and a smaller more portable one for doing on site prints at events.

·
Registered
822 Posts
another vote for a pixma... it's pretty decent. Can be a bit finicky to get set up on the mac wireless, but I found some forum that helped me out with a bit of googling. The refill cartridges aren't very cheap, but that's where the inkjet's get ya.:rolleyes: It at least does have seperate colors & a bigger tank for black.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
I also have an HP laser 1018, I paid like 40 bucks for it on staples as a special and I could kick myself in the a$$ for not buying 3...I get re-manufactured toner carts for 25 bucks each (2000 copies/ cart)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts