Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen them listed as Rad Cycle, and DT brand, and they come in two models, EZ fold, and Pro Mechanic, and can be had for $40 shipped give or take a few bucks. Has anyone tried one of these stands? Are they a complete waste of money, or will they get the job done for the home user?

I would really like to get the Park PCS-10, but right now my budget wont allow it. I can on the other hand come up with forty bucks though.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
P.S. I bought the 2-bike gravity (leaning) bike stand from Rad Cycle (this). Probably the worst piece of formed tubing I have ever seen in my life. I had to hammer the shape of the male/female connecting pieces to get them to fit together, then the holes that are used for mounting the arms that hold your bike up weren't even... so the bikes are held cock-eyed. ANDDDDD..... the holders that suspend the bikes are bare metal too. (well, painted, but not protected)

Watch out what you buy from them, because I really think it is all bottom barrel stuff, and you know what they say about getting what you pay for...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Typically unless you find a close-out, yard-sale, a gift or inherit them; you get what you pay for. That goes with about anything in life, but is especially true of tools. If you can't afford the stand you want, you should wait and save for it. If you've gotten by until now without it, waiting a little longer to get the tool you actually want (and will serve you much better) will be worth it.

I've been using the older Park consumer truing stand for several years (when I don't want to true them at work) waiting until I can budget in a TS-2 Pro truing stand.

Bob

·
Registered
157 Posts
My dad got me a almost brand new workstand at a yard sale this last weekend. Great quality and only 10 bucks. If you live in a good cycle heavy area I would take some time and hit some local yard sales on sat mornings and you'd be surprised how much cycling equipment you can come across. It is a very boom and bust sport and a lot of people get gear they never use and then unload.

·
Registered
296 Posts
And also other bikes or equipment they bought but never got around to upgrade it or fix it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
+1 on the PCS-9. Can't believe it took me ten years to pull the trigger on a stand. I use it every time I clean my bikes, not just for repairs. The Park stand is simple and super reliable. Holds my 35lb mountain bike with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts