Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build up with either Centaur or Ultegra... cheapest place out there??? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ultegra groupsets on ebay

bikerboy337 said:
Looking to build up with either Centaur or Ultegra... cheapest place out there??? Thanks.
Hmm, this is my first post because at this point all I really know about is buying...

I was recently in the market... ultegra groupsets in the US go anywhere from $500-$650 if you bid on ebay.

If you don't want to bid and want instant gratification, for $689 (incl. shipping):

http://stores.ebay.com/BIKEPARTDOTINFO

Or for a complete bike with most of the group (except off brand brakes, BB, crankset):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALUMINUM-ROAD-R...ryZ98084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I sort of wish the above deal was around three weeks ago when I bought my bike...

Some of the European bike sites have better prices, but watch out for customs and shipping.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Probikekit.com has the Ultegra groupset as low as $566 US,but that price is only at early morning hours England time(say between 2 and 5 in the morning),otherwise it's $599,this does not include hubs and shipping to USA is only $15.I don't live in the US,but I buy stuff from them all the time,and it's top notch service and product.As far as duties go I have no idea

·
I don't exist
2,029 Posts
Oh, I thought

you said Cheapest Groucho...

He was always cheap.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Shimano US distributor instituted price controls as a condition for 'authorized dealer'. Both online and LBS are essentially the same at $895 (groupo less hubs and headset). For that price, would go $50 more and get the Chorus group for $945 at Wisecyclebuys.com.

Excel does have Ultegra 10sp for $794 and Centuar for $705

Be careful with Colorodo Cyclist 'reduced' groups from the full group as the price appears competitive but 7 piece rather than 9 piece and lacking brakes.

Texascyclesport has Chorus at $914, Centuar at $629 and Ultrgra 10 way overpriced at $1049!!!!

Glory cycles doesn't carry Shimano, but Centuar at $649 and Chorus at $1049.

Finally overseas....

Totalcycling has Ultegra 10 at $679 as they are not subject to the US distributors price controls. Also, Chorus at $876 and Centuar at $563.

One caveat when comparing groupos, be sure they have all the same components. Some tend to omit the cables, so make sure sure the levers include the cables. Lack of brakes at Colorodo Cyclist was a shocker.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts