Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol! Yeah, that's what I thought, but Johan is a sneaky bugger - he has no problem playing mind games by any means necessary.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
AJL said:
Lol! Yeah, that's what I thought, but Johan is a sneaky bugger - he has no problem playing mind games by any means necessary.
I have a feeling Popo was the leader all along and he will do much better than most people think, despite having a quiet season.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
There's this other guy who's had a "quiet season" so far who is looking pretty ominous...

But I really don't think they'll do a one-clear-leader strategy this year. Since disco doesn't have to control the whole peloton, it'll be "let's see who goes the best in the prologue and first TT, and then hangs on the best in the first mountain stage."

·
Banned
42 Posts
For 7 yrs they have had the same approach and rider to work for, this could be a successful tour or it may be a disaster. In a lot of sports, when a team make the super bowl or championship, if they loss a key player or two the following year due to retirement, trades, injuries etc.. they usually have a bad following year or two in order to rebound. As in the super bowl curse and my Phila Eagles.

Without one real "leader" things may be a crap shoot, with numerous guys haveing "good" days, but no real leader. I doubt we see a podium, but I am sure they will have a guy or two in the top 10.

·
It's in the game!
2,060 Posts
If only Chechu could TT. Also he, Ace and Triki, need to learn to time their attacks so that they might could win a stage. All 3 this year have blown their chances for stage wins on the final climb by attacking too early.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.