Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Team Tom's
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fallzboater said:
??? Pretty flat ride, compared to our terrain. Pretty reasonable speed, with a group.
There's a couple of good climbs on that route and then a good section after those climbs that are a bit hilly. But it's nothin for a good climber.. It still gets my HR up though.

Does anyone know how to get climb grade % from that Garmin data because there's a couple of climbs I want to know more about.

· Team Tom's
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, I wish I could click at a point on the map and it would tell me my data at that point. It seems like it skips around and the stuff I really want to know about aren't even available as data points for me to examine.

· Team Tom's
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HokieRider said:
If that Garmin works like my watch does, you should download software and use that, at least for finding data for a specific point. I get graphs like yours, only I can zero in on a point and see all the numbers for that specific point.

Ahh, very cool. Yeah, I'm gonna need to download that. :thumbsup:

· Registered
155 Posts
that's pretty fast....on my last long ride (about a month ago) and I was only able to average 15.3mph (117mi with 13,600ft of climbing).
I don't think I have ever averaged a ride that fast (but I have yet to do any flat rides where I was hammering).

· Registered
813 Posts
ptfmb71 said:
117mi with 13,600ft of climbing
Now, that's a good ride. Most of ours are 900-1,100ft per 10 miles (loop or out-and-back), and often windy. I'm not a great climber, but I end up bored pretty fast if I go anywhere much flatter to ride. Very unusual for me to end up much more than about 19mph with a small group, or 17-18mph solo, in these hills. Very common to have max speeds in the +/-50 mph range.

· Registered
155 Posts
fallzboater said:
Now, that's a good ride. Most of ours are 900-1,100ft per 10 miles (loop or out-and-back), and often windy. I'm not a great climber, but I end up bored pretty fast if I go anywhere much flatter to ride. Very unusual for me to end up much more than about 19mph with a small group, or 17-18mph solo, in these hills. Very common to have max speeds in the +/-50 mph range.
It's called the Mulholland Challenge and it's the 1st timed century of the King of the Mountains series in So Cal. my normal ride would be 46mi with about 5500 ft of climbing but I lollygag sometimes so my mph may not be accurate.

· Registered
234 Posts
Ah the Tulsa WNR. I do that ride every Wednesday as well. Do you ride with a club, or friends? I plan to find some kind of club to ride with at some point this year.

I'm guessing your Garmin was in your car and got to 105 F before the ride and took a while to cool down? It seemed like it was around 90 - 95 and wicked humid.

-Dan

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.