Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I ride by myself all the time I figured I can make my bike look how I want. No one to impress and I am usually commuting in the dark anyway. So I got a blue chain to match the grips and HS. The Hot Chocolate is what I dream about when I am asleep but this is what I ride when I wake up. I think it looks great!:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
halifaxrider said:
The chain looks very good on the white frame. Does it come in other colors (orange), I may get one for my bike, where did you buy it?
Thanks.
I got it off ebay. I don't remember orange, but saw red, black, pink and purple. All for fixed gear or SS of course.
MN Dan

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
My chain is red. Like dirt.

My chain mostly has a reddish volcanic dirt color to it. All of the time. It matches the mud on my frame. I spent the weekend on the big island. I have about 70 pictures to download as soon as I take care of a software issue.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
Looks pretty sweet man. I had a red chain on my BMX when I raced.

I just got a chain a couple days ago too.

/hijack

joe

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
halifaxrider said:
The chain looks very good on the white frame. Does it come in other colors (orange), I may get one for my bike, where did you buy it?
It looks like it may be a KMC to me. They definitely come in silver or gold in addition to the blue depending on which chain, but I'm not sure what other colors. I have a silver one on my Kogswell. Their site is usually pretty slow, but you can check it out here: http://www.kmcchain.com/english/index.htm

·
Registered
59 Posts
half-link chain

yes, very sweet chain. I like it!

daddio - how many miles do you have on that half-link chain? I just put one on my mtb SS and have about 100km on it... and it's already "stretched". BMX chains seem to elongate very quickly compared to SRAM PC58s that I've used in the past. Have you had similar experiences?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
I just put it on last week... not too many miles at all. Maybe just over 100miles.

I raced BMX for years and never really had much problem with chains stretching on me. There is a lot of torque in BMX too: coming out of the gate, I ran 180 cranks, and a 45-15 gear ratio. I used a Sachs chains when racing, and those seemed to work really well. I never had any drive train failure on my BMX.

As far as this chain goes, it's probably the beefiest thing I've ever seen, and I had some beefey chains on my skatepark bike... this one is specifically made for street. The company that makes it came into business after I was out of the game, but they're called Shadow Conspiracy.

As it is now, I need to adjust it. I put it on too lose for my liking. I loosened it up a bit because it was a little more noisey, but I didn't take the time to get it right, so I'll probably do that tonight.

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
bikenerd said:
Hey JoeDaddio - what kind of chaintug is that?

I got it off my old BMX race bike. I think that they were made by Crupi in the mid 90's... at least that's when I got mine. They're not on the Crupi website though... so maybe it wasn't them. The style I've got was really big in BMX when I was racing, and they came in just about any color you could want. I'd imagine that they're around somewhere.

If you've got a BMX track near you, you can brobably drop by as they usually sell stuff during the races.

In case you were wondering: http://www.crupibmx.com/

they also have 'frame savers' that I'd recommend for anyone with an aluminum frame. I hate seeing bolts tightened up to aluminum dropouts :eek:

joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.