Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, you need to go check out this site ------> RouteSlip.com
It is made for us two wheelers to plot out our bike routes and then share them with everyone else. It is really awesome, you plot out your route, can put in directions if you want, then save it. Then others can search by city to find routes people have made. Click on a route and you get the map, with directions, and even an elevation profile of the route if that info is available! Go check it out and find a new ride today!

and before i forget, first credit goes to gray8110 for finding RouteSlip.com. Check out his ride report and routeslip (sticky thread at top of Gen. Diss. forum)
--------> http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=60694

enjoy!

bilydu

· Registered
339 Posts
Oh you're kidding me... I just used Yahoo Maps to do just that this morning for the local ride of Silence route and I did quite a bit of searching to find something to do route plotting online.

Actually I just checked out RouteSlip and it is the same as the running sites I came across and only does line of sight plotting, which results ina pretty ugly route map especially when it comes to cues.

The beta version of Yahoo Maps allows you to enter in an unlimited number of waypoints so you can enter in each turn of your route and it will map it and give you the directions in a format you could use for cues, although I trimmed the result down quite a bit just so it was Right here, Left there etc.

For an example check out the Houston Ride of Silence route.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aliensporebomb said:
Slick - I'll have to try it. I notice the only route for Minnesota is some nut-busting
600 mile ride though.

I still have the map that Scot posted for the MN Roadbikereview ride about 3 years
ago, that was a nice ride that could be entered.

it is a newer site, beta version, so not many routes entered yet, but i'll add mine. . . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.