Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This old rag has been taking up space for too long so I figured, ebay, wth at least set the reserve to cover shipping. Some dude in CA paid $8 for it. I didn't tell him he coulda got it free off my curb tomorrow if it didn't sell.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Damn...Wine on the keyboard again.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Well played, sir. Well played.

joe

·
It's complexicated
1,418 Posts
Creakyknees said:
This old rag has been taking up space for too long so I figured, ebay, wth at least set the reserve to cover shipping. Some dude in CA paid $8 for it. I didn't tell him he coulda got it free off my curb tomorrow if it didn't sell.
Bravo!!! ROFLMAO :thumbsup:

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Ok, that got a lol outta me.

Joe = Pwned.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
tconrady said:
Which reminds me.....

Where is that thing that we mustn't speak of?

I've got a feeling it's going to make a resurgence here pretty soon...

joe

·
Registered
296 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Hmm, so 90's...

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Hmmm, I have some stuff I was thinking about putting on eBay, but I didn't really think anyone would buy it. This thread has convinced me otherwise. :D

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Fun knee!

Joe, I'd wash it thoroughly first before wearing it if I were you. You know, with Creaky's tendencies...

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
Free bowl of soup!

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Creakyknees said:

A different perspective:

A best friend of mine that I grew up with knew that type of shirt and knew what it meant when I wore it. You see we hunted together, and I would always wear that shirt when we hunted. I shot my first pheasant over him when I was 7 and he too was still a pup in training and learning from his mom.

He was there with me when I bagged my first solo pheasant over him when I was old enough to do so. Indeed, oh so many memories.

He stuck with me despite my many poor shots through the years. He did his part in flushing the birds, but I sometimes failed in mine (never had the heart to tell him that sometimes I didn't shoot on purpose). On days that we were successful, on the way home, he would curl up all wet, matted and brambled, and fall sound asleep in the back of the car with his nose in my hunting jacket.

All though High School, when it was cool to wear those types of shirts, I reserved that one, only for hunting. You see he knew what it meant when I wore it. It kept me warm on those cold New England fall morning hunts under my canvas hunting jacket. In the predawn hours, he would go from a black and white lump on the floor in front of a still warm fireplace hearth to a jumping and tail wagging cyclone in the blink of an eye upon seeing me in that shirt. He knew what it meant.

More years passed, he was getting older and slower, but his enthusiasm for the hunt never subsided. The shirt was getting a bit tighter and worn too. The sleeves lost their buttons but thankfully I could still wear it.

Then I went off to college, and he stayed home. Faithfully awaiting my return and a chance to show me around the swamps and woods that surrounded our home. Then the unthinkable happened. I met a girl. He never warmed to her, but he was polite. He knew he had competition, but he also knew that I still wore that shirt and only for him.

My dad called me on one fall day of my 2nd year and told me to get home. I arrived and my friend was there, too old to walk, and barely able to lift his head even when he saw me in my shirt. I knew it was time and he did too.

I buried him the next day, wrapped in that shirt, with a tail feather of the our first bird together, under a big red maple tree.

Sorry for the post, that picture just brought back a flood of memories, the kind that you can smile to and cry with at the same time.

zac

1 - 20 of 29 Posts