Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Polka Power
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...My parents have a boat. They want a way to travel around the harbor/town and are looking for some way to get into shape....but not too tough. Has to fit on boat too.

So my brother and I came up with this solution for birthdays/fathersday/mothersday....etc.

Too cool....I want one. They ride pretty good. Not a race machine by any means, but should be perfect for them.

His and hers. Sorry for the somewhat shoddy pictures, we just picked them up and it's raining out......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rad!

I dig the pink one especially.

For christmas, give 'em one of those wide-butt models of brooks saddles :)

Anything that gets people on a bike is koo-roo with me...my 'rents have "hybrid comfort" bikes and my mom really kicks booty on that bike path...go mom!:thumbsup:

Other good future gifts: silly shaped horns, bells, fuzzy saddle covers, and of course HELMETS!

·
Polka Power
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ILikeShiny said:
I dig the pink one especially.

For christmas, give 'em one of those wide-butt models of brooks saddles :)

Anything that gets people on a bike is koo-roo with me...my 'rents have "hybrid comfort" bikes and my mom really kicks booty on that bike path...go mom!:thumbsup:

Other good future gifts: silly shaped horns, bells, fuzzy saddle covers, and of course HELMETS!
I need to get my dad a "cheese burger" bell so he knows why he needs to ride it. For mom, I think maybe one of the Brompton cargo bags for the front, for trips to the store etc. Shame the accesories are pricey.

The bikes will be given to them tonight. In the mean time I have been busy messing with them. Pretty fun....attention grabbers. I've attempted to control myself and not ride the tires off of them but still have a few quality laps around the block/up and down the street.

The pink one wasn't planned. The bike shop just didn't have two stock color (black/silver) ones available....but they had a pink and black one. The custom color was a bit more money but I think it's worth it...plus we didn't have to wait a few weeks for a bike from England.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Those Bromptons are fantastic. They have the best fold going. I love the matched set with the different colors. What a great gift. You can even get them with a clear coat over the raw frame, and that makes them look stylin'.

Mine is the inexpensive stripped model that I found on Craig's List, but I added bar ends, lights, and fenders. Best mod, of course, was the B-17. The seat is low because I was showing it to a friend. One of the great things about these bikes is that they can be adjusted to fit anyone.

I wonder if we should start a folding bike thread???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.