Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Have any Grey Poupon????
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a random thought i've been toiling with.
Should i keep my 2010 allez sport and upgrade it OR

get a 2011 Tarmac Elite OR

a Cervelo S1 OR

Maybe even a 2010 Kestrel Talon.

absolutely nothing wrong with the allez, just like change a little too much!

p.s. will not be racing, mainly just recreational, and some freindly races with friends. Have managed to lose around 40 pounds so far since i started cycling. Been doing MTB for about 1.5 years, and got into road riding maybe 7 or 8 months so far.
Never thought a bicycle could be such a useful thing. Bike is constantly helping me lose weight which boosts overall morale. ANYWAYS just thought i might treat myself to a new bike or some new components since i have reached one of my weight loss goals.

25 more pounds then i will have reached my goal!!!!!!!!!!!
after losing the last 25 i plan to do a century which is something i think will be amazingly rewarding!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well done on the weight loss mate, Go on spoil yourself with a new toy..It will help motivate you further :)

Think of all the money that you are not spending on **** or booze and treat it as an investment to your good health.

·
Have any Grey Poupon????
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true.... i cant say i've entirely cut out the booze.haha , but i have definently cut out the smokes and cheeseburgers!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I'm just watching a dream
138 Posts
Congrats on the weight loss!
I too once had an Allez which I upgraded. I now ride a Tarmac. Where is the Allez? Gone. I sold it and lost money on the upgrades. A new bike is so much more fun than new shifters.

I vote buy the Tarmac.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Buy a new bike if you're pretty sure you're going to use it. I've lost 95lb so far. I have more bikes than I can count and have blown countless dollars on this hobby but I'm still losing weight even with my crap diet.

·
Registered
614 Posts
dwgranda said:
Buy a new bike if you're pretty sure you're going to use it. I've lost 95lb so far. I have more bikes than I can count and have blown countless dollars on this hobby but I'm still losing weight even with my crap diet.
I just gave up a packet of chocolate bickies per day about a week ago for some serious training....I cant wait to I get back on them.....I miss you

·
Have any Grey Poupon????
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i havent ruled out the roubiax. Theres too many types of bikes to choose from.

i guess buying a new one would be a little better than just upgrading the current allez

what are the significant differences b/w a competitive model and an endurance model??
i hear people say over long distances a roubiax is more comfortable, but then i hear the steering is sluggish, so i guess you have to pick and choose what u want more

·
Registered
448 Posts
jeeper006 said:
i havent ruled out the roubiax. Theres too many types of bikes to choose from.

i guess buying a new one would be a little better than just upgrading the current allez

what are the significant differences b/w a competitive model and an endurance model??
i hear people say over long distances a roubiax is more comfortable, but then i hear the steering is sluggish, so i guess you have to pick and choose what u want more
Longer wheelbase, taller headtube which puts you in slightly more upright position, zertz inserts (if that's worth anything) PJ, back me up if I forgot anything.

It's not so much sluggish, it feels like it doesn't have the get up and go the Tarmac does. I test rode both and that's what I noticed immediately, I ended up going with a Tarmac for a few reasons, mainly the get up and go mentioned above and price.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
S1, but I LOVE Cervelo's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts