·
Banned
19,737 Posts
And the more bad news is I can't use it or I will get sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
so the good news is that my bike is not stolen. The bad news is that its covered with vomit
Not only covered with vomit, but probably has remnants of stink on it.

I was a RailRoad mechanic and when the RailRoads started to change over from friction wheel bearings to roller bearings some of the bearing adapters had two co2 looking canisters in the adapters, one a smoke bomb and the other a stink bomb. If the bearing started running hot it would pop the canisters and the smoke and stink would get the conductors, in the caboose, attention. The stink and smoke needed to hang in the air long enough to still be there when the caboose passed.

I got in at the tail end of the change over to roller bearings and by now the bearings have been improved enough that this is not warrented anymore, but...

Being young and rowdy my partner and myself would pull them out of the adapters, and stockpile them, when ever we saw them. They would be concealed in an area that someone had to do some torch work so we could watch the display. The smoke bombs would put out a large cloud of smoke, and the stink bomb not only could get someone puking and dry heaving, but the stink would hang there for quite some time. It was like it adhered to the metal.

We had also been know to drop them on the exhaust manifold of friends automobiles. In fact one of the guys paid a mechanic to find the problem.

Good Times.

Sorry for the side track.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Would probably be considered a chemical weapon in the US.. Just like that flame thrower car alarm system from years back in South Africa (also had a panic button for grilling carjackers). Not something you would be able to do here.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,129 Posts
Not only covered with vomit, but probably has remnants of stink on it.

I was a RailRoad mechanic and when the RailRoads started to change over from friction wheel bearings to roller bearings some of the bearing adapters had two co2 looking canisters in the adapters, one a smoke bomb and the other a stink bomb. If the bearing started running hot it would pop the canisters and the smoke and stink would get the conductors, in the caboose, attention. The stink and smoke needed to hang in the air long enough to still be there when the caboose passed.

I got in at the tail end of the change over to roller bearings and by now the bearings have been improved enough that this is not warrented anymore, but...

Being young and rowdy my partner and myself would pull them out of the adapters, and stockpile them, when ever we saw them. They would be concealed in an area that someone had to do some torch work so we could watch the display. The smoke bombs would put out a large cloud of smoke, and the stink bomb not only could get someone puking and dry heaving, but the stink would hang there for quite some time. It was like it adhered to the metal.

We had also been know to drop them on the exhaust manifold of friends automobiles. In fact one of the guys paid a mechanic to find the problem.

Good Times.

Sorry for the side track.
I enjoyed your story. I don't feel at all like I've been railroaded away from the thread subject.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts