Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a question for the Chicagoland folks. I live on the far north side of the city (Rogers Park) and am looking for a safe route to 7000 west (Harlem Ave-ish... my end destination is Elmwood Park). I've taken Devon a good part of the way but it has that section between Peterson & Milwaukee that cars typically cruise at 60 mph. Does anyone head this way on a regular or semi-regular basis and have a route to suggest?

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
golzy said:
I've got a question for the Chicagoland folks. I live on the far north side of the city (Rogers Park) and am looking for a safe route to 7000 west (Harlem Ave-ish... my end destination is Elmwood Park). I've taken Devon a good part of the way but it has that section between Peterson & Milwaukee that cars typically cruise at 60 mph. Does anyone head this way on a regular or semi-regular basis and have a route to suggest?
Devon runs parallel to Peterson. The part you're talking about it between Milwaukee and Caldwell.

You can cut around that portoin of Devon by jumping on the bike path... It dumps you out right across from Superdawg. Just make sure you take the fork in the road left.

I'd take Pratt to Central, Central to Devon, Devon to the path, path to Milwaukee, then you can jump back on Devon without getting squashed.

I also take the sidewalk between Central and Lehigh.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry...

You're right... Peterson makes that northbound bend and I forgot it becomes Caldwell. That makes sense with the autobahn-like stretch of Devon. And I forgot about Superdawg being there too for a little mid-ride snack (though I tend to prefer Gene & Judes).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts