Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to the north side - I've been in the neighborhood for a season - and typically ride the Lake Front Path or the northbound Sheridan route. Last summer I noticed a path that starts off at the intersection of Devon & Peterson (Skokie maybe?). Can anyone give me the scoop on this path? Is it a MUT? How far does it go? It appears to follow the north branch of the river but I'm not sure... any help (comments/websites/etc) would be appreciated.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
North Branch Trail

golzy said:
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to the north side - I've been in the neighborhood for a season - and typically ride the Lake Front Path or the northbound Sheridan route. Last summer I noticed a path that starts off at the intersection of Devon & Peterson (Skokie maybe?). Can anyone give me the scoop on this path? Is it a MUT? How far does it go? It appears to follow the north branch of the river but I'm not sure... any help (comments/websites/etc) would be appreciated.
It goes up to the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe. Google 'North Branch Trail' and you'll get the idea. It's a nice ride, but it's narrow.

If you're looking for a fun rail trail, the Green Bay Trail, beginning in Wilmette and ending in Wisconsin, is longer and safer for faster cruising.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
It goes up to the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe. Google 'North Branch Trail' and you'll get the idea. It's a nice ride, but it's narrow.

If you're looking for a fun rail trail, the Green Bay Trail, beginning in Wilmette and ending in Wisconsin, is longer and safer for faster cruising.
https://www.mikebentley.com/bike/northbranchchicago.gif

TF

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent - thanks for the map link. It looks like the north end is near the Green Bay trail - too bad we're not having todays weather on Saturday...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts