Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over the weekend we went to Thelma's Chicken & Waffles in Roanoke. We've been passing it for a couple of years and decided to give it a go.

There is something to that combination, and Thelma's does it right. Best fried chicken I've had in a long time. Something about a local soul food place to get the arteries happy.. And we were there on their 3rd birthday so we got free cake!!

EDIT:: Found the Commercial..

·
Registered
855 Posts
Welcome to the South,Vaughn! Chicken and Waffles have been a cultural icon of Charleston, SC and other points south of the Mason Dixon line for some time now.

I'm exploring the South that is not the South; i.e. Florida, these days and it is proving to be an enjoyable endeavor. If you ever head south of South, just a short drive from Daytona is the BOMB of seafood joints and some of the best clams I have ever eaten:

http://www.jbsfishcamp.com/

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm from East Tennessee and have been in Va for most of my life but Chicken & Waffles is new in this area. I've heard of it before but now I see the wonders of the fattening and sweet combination... Ribs or Catfish next time..

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
There is a place called Big Mama's Chicken and Waffles that has been on my list of places to try for far too long. Might need to hit that this weekend (kode).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts