Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to load the sticky threads for some reason, but i had several questions...

I just purchased this frame off ebay, and will be fitting my friends ultegra group on it...

I just wanted to get some suggestions as to what others have chosen for certain parts...

I heard you cannot use star nuts on carbon steerers and was told to use a compression plug... does anyone have a link to one that would work with this fork?

Also which headset are most of you all running for these frames? I would like something faily inexpensive but not to junky...

Also I was told they do not have bb cable guides and i would need to add one, so which ones have you guys been using? Would the generic one from say jenson usa work fine?

·
9,790 Posts
a BB cable guide is a BB cable guide. There are no "good ones" or "bad ones". They are included with shifter sets, or free from many bike shops.

The headset should be internal. You are limited to what manufactures actually have the headset that fits your application. There are many different internal headsets. You'll need a tool from FSA to figure out which one you have, if the manufacturer doesn't tell you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya but since the frame is being sent from china I was hoping to heard from others who have built up this particular frame as to which little parts they used...

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Platy answered your questions. If the seller's listing didn't specify a headset and, unless it is a tapered steerer, its either going to be a "Cane Creek" or "Campy" compatible 1 1/8" integrated headset. Cane Creek is probably the most common, but don't go that route until you are sure. If you can't figure it out on your own, take the frame to your LBS and see if they have the tool to measure. If not, they will just have to drop bearings into the races to figure it out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If it's not too late see if you can't get your headset directly from the seller along with your frame. That's what I did with my carbon ebay frame.
Joe

·
Registered
698 Posts
agarabaghi said:
I cant seem to load the sticky threads for some reason, but i had several questions...
Once any thread goes over 1000 posts you must switch to Linear View or else you cannot see the thread. Why this mode is not the default it beyond me.

Go to any forum thread and switch the mode from Threaded to Linear and that will become the new default and you will be able to see all the posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts