Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Lurker
946 Posts
luca.grigo said:
I bought some months ago 38mm carbon wheelset from yishun ( [email protected] )
I've tested and used in a lot of race, and I can tell you that are very good for the price.
They are well built, have very good hubs and they are lighter than other prducts that often costs double the price. Before buying i ask in other forums and I realize that a lot of people are buying from this company...
How long did it take for you to get your wheels?

·
Lurker
946 Posts
Yeah. My clincher combo was $636 shipped, including paypal fee and $70 shipping. Since I ordered a clincher, my wait time is much longer, but I'm psyched to try them out.

AvantDale said:
"Price for 20mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 380.00$. Weight is about 1237 g.
Price for 20mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 470.00$. Weight is about 1427 g.
Price for 38mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 390.00$. Weight is about 1327 g.
Price for 38mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 480.00$. Weight is about 1507 g.
Price for 50mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 400.00$. Weight is about 1459 g.
Price for 50mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 490.00$. Weight is about 1559 g.
Price for 60mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 420.00$. Weight is about 1559 g.
Price for 60mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 515.00$. Weight is about 1610 g.
Price for 88mm tubular (shimano or campagnolo) is 460.00$. Weight is about 1680 g.
Price for 88mm clincher (shimano or campagnolo) is 535.00$. Weight is about 1860 g."

These are for complete carbon wheel sets...or are they the bonded to alu wheels?

Lol...I might man up and get a set of the 38mm tubular.:D

·
Lurker
946 Posts
A group buy was done on Slowtwitch.com over the winter, check out that thread (edge wheels group buy) for info. IIRC the wheels took a very long time to arrive, but I suppose that's not bad for $500 a set.

·
Lurker
946 Posts
I got notice from Stefano that my wheels shipped today. The tracking info hasn't been updated yet, I'll be anxiously checking over the next few days. Will keep updating as needed.

·
Lurker
946 Posts
I checked out Boyd's and was considering buying from them, but I decided to go the riskier route and order a set of wheels from the source. I fully appreciate that you get what you pay for when buying from a domestic retailer.

That being said, my tracking info updated and the wheels are on their way.

·
Lurker
946 Posts
Also, EC90 clinchers are not the same type of wheel as a 60/88mm set. I can get a Sram S60/S80 combo (I know they are not carbon clinchers) for 1120 shipped to my door. I am taking a chance with these wheels to see how they work out.

·
Lurker
946 Posts
MCF said:
Looking forward to the day someone posts on this thread about how their Chinese made wheel fails and they busted this and that.....If you get some of these wheels, you should get some custom made stickers made to hold the together when they start coming apart - just like the big boy manufacturers do - why do you think you pay so much for those stickers like Zipp, Edge, Easton, Reynolds, etc. etc....they hold the carbon together and the China made ones don't have stickers...hehehehehe...HTH!!
Please start your own thread for ignorant garbage.

·
Lurker
946 Posts
BTW, this thread is meant to contain information for people who have assumed the risk of purchasing these wheelsets. We all know the repercussions of an equipment failure. Let's try and keep this thread relevant.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.