Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
wow why did these wheels pop up so late? why didn't anyone bring them up earlier? $430 for a carbon clincher, 1600g, good (unknown?) quality, 1600g/set.

Does anyone have anymore info on the rim/spokes brand? how do they compare to DT Comp/Champion spokes? Would these carbon rims be better/worse than something like the BWW Blackset Race rim?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Compu1980 said:
Talking with YishunStefano perhaps I've changed my mind. Probably I'll buy 50mm tubular full carbon. Becouse:
- it's cheaper 400$
- it's lighter 1425g pair
- It's available in 15 days
- And I always wanted to try tubular...
Searching around Chosen hubs should be very good and pics confirm quality production.
can you link to the wheels you're getting?
how good are their spokes/rims compared to the name brand mavic/shimano/dt swiss?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
so the ones that everyone is interested in has the CHOSEN hubs + their generic spokes + generic carbon rims (that may or may not be supplied as OEM for other brands)?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
luca.grigo said:
Looking for yishun in forums there are a lot of people that bought these wheels: here are some photos i found... View attachment 203686

View attachment 203687

View attachment 203688

View attachment 203689

View attachment 203690

View attachment 203691

View attachment 203692
Whats the depth of these wheels? If i do get a clincher set, i'd like them this deep. I know they will be heavier than the Dura Ace 7850 clincher wheelset (~1550g) http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25969 , but is the carbon worth it? How is the ride of carbon deep dish wheels different than aluminum rims?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Myrkur said:
How about Miracle Trade?

I pulled the trigger on their 50mm carbon clinchers. Price was 607 $ including shipping to Finland and Paypal fees. Does anyone know if Miracle Trade is legit? They said that it takes 3 months to manufacture my wheels. Waiting will be frustrating if I can't be sure if they are real.
did you already place the order with them? if so, thats good, because usually people ask the questions before ordering.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
mjdwyer23 said:
Shoulda stayed home today, the wheels are spending the night in the post office. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow and post up accordingly.
So what are the complete specs on yours?
Rims:
Spokes:
Nipples:
Hubs:
Skewers:
Weight (when you get it w/o skewers):

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
mjdwyer23 said:
I got my wheels. I had ordered a 60mm front and 88mm rear carbon clincher for Shimano with black hubs and nipples from Yishun. I sent payment on June 18th, and they were out for delivery yesterday July 6th but I wasn't home. The box was a little banged up, but the wheels look nice. I will be putting up my own thread to update as I get miles on them.

good stuff man, please link me to your new thread with a review and details about your new wheels. How do they compare to your other carbon clinchers? And lastly, what was inside your wheelbox that damaged the cardboard box? Did it damage your wheels/parts at all?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
ghostryder said:
I have to agree. And this is not a garbage statement. How about the tainted milk from china. How about the chinese dry wall. Ofcourse there are many more, and I know some of the wheelsets might be nice, but is everyone comfortable riding at 40 or 50 mph downhill on these untested wheels. I decided to buy the eastons after many favorable reviews.

Please keep us posted on all the positve and negatives.
it is a garbage statement. How many products in your household are made in China? Do you allow your family to touch them? i bet more than 90% of your household/your possesions are made in China, yet you're happy with them (rationality says you're happy because if you weren't happy with the product, you wouldn't have purchased it).

More good stuff comes out of China than you think. Just the bad singularities get blown out of proportion by the media.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
sorry i know this thread probably has all this basic info in it but theres way too many pages and posts to read through.

Lets say i want a set of these carbon clinchers, the popular ones that everyone is getting.
Do i get to choose spokes and hubs? I want F&R @ 50mm deep.

This guy Yishun Stephano (that his first and last name?) is the salesman, correct? Can someone get me his direct email? and is there any website to place the order with? or do i just email him what depth i want and pay him via paypal?

what are the basics for ordering a set of these wheels? and price for 50mm deep?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
yurl said:
Stephano is the rep for the company Yishun. He was good to deal with, I'd recommend him. [email protected]

price snipet from first page of thread
so if i want 50mm clinchers, it'll be $490 + $70 shipping = $560. And they also want 7% paypal fees = $39.2 for a total price of $592.20?? Is what what everyone else is paying for these?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
blackstripes said:
That is so messed up. How complicated can it be to fulfill orders in the order that they were received... I mean really. I hope you get that third rim for free!
the honest truth is... the factory probably doesn't care about a single customer. 1 guy isn't enough to slow down their production or for them to go out of their way for 1 guy. Their 60mm (the one you're missing, safeway?) is probably in low demand or is sold out.

theres nothing wrong with 50/50, symmetry is beautiful and you wont get blown over in crosswinds.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Safeway said:
Ah, it is China EMS. It will probably be either USPS or DHL once it is State-side.
you know for all those posts you've made in this thread when you didn't receive your wheels, you owe us lots of pictures, weights on scales, and a huge detailed review of the good and the bad of these wheels!

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Safeway said:
Have you had to wait 125+ days? Were you lied to? Are you out $958? Did your wheels ship to someone else's address after waiting 125+ days?

No? No? No? No?

Then you need to shut the **** up and end the name calling.

I think I am being scammed. Right now. Does no one care?
NO NO NO NO, yes yes yes! thats what she said.

it SUCKS that you're having a situation with your order. Like all crybaby stories on forums, we're only hearing 1 side of the story. but frankly, i'm not interested in either side.

you've crapped on this thread enough. nobody here is going to help you other than support you emotionally, but are you a woman?

why don't you do something about your damn order? go to court. go to china. go to italy. sitting on the computer and making forum posts is doing you little good. you could've gotten your order earlier if you did something smarter about it.

to be blunt about it and not beat around the bush, we don't care. we know they get 99% of their wheels to customers within 2 weeks, handbuilt, to spec, flawless, and customer happy. you're 1 in thousands, maybe 10,000's of wheels they ship out. Thats what matters to us; not your sob stories.

Why don't you just..... post here again when you get your order.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Safeway said:
If you were the one, you'd sing a different tune. And yea, like I can go to China on a whim to sort out this mess.
if it were me, i'd stop thread crapping and do something about it. Yes, you CAN go to china, if it was worth it enough for you. These wheels obviously aren't. Hence, why you're not getting them.

Now, stop posting here. When you get your wheels, actually **** posting back in this thread, just dont anymore. Just go play with your bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.