Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 1324 Posts

·
AKA Old Man
598 Posts
I am probably wrong,, but they do look like the Shimano set for one... I would imagine that these are supplied as several OEM hoops.... (maybe not the hubs or spokes)

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
so the ones that everyone is interested in has the CHOSEN hubs + their generic spokes + generic carbon rims (that may or may not be supplied as OEM for other brands)?

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just got this message from Stefano. 10-15%, or about $40-60, doesn't seem like enough to avoid the hassle of collecting money, making sure everyone's order is straight, etc. As it is, he can get a clincher set to you for under $600 (including shipping/paypal fee) and a tubular set for under $500. He's right - his prices are already pretty low.

Hi Brandon,

38mm front clincher and 50mm rear clincher it's possible.
Cost is 490$

If the order is 10 set discount is around 10/15% (prices already are very low...) It's possible to ship to different addresses

Thanks a lot
Stefano

·
Registered
93 Posts
alexb618 said:
the rims are gigantex

used by ffwd, token, pro lite... and many others
My experience with this wheels are very positive. After 4000km (tubular 38mm) i can tell that are very light but at the same time very strong. I'm a light rider, but the road around my house are often in bad condition

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
luca.grigo said:
Looking for yishun in forums there are a lot of people that bought these wheels: here are some photos i found... View attachment 203686

View attachment 203687

View attachment 203688

View attachment 203689

View attachment 203690

View attachment 203691

View attachment 203692
Whats the depth of these wheels? If i do get a clincher set, i'd like them this deep. I know they will be heavier than the Dura Ace 7850 clincher wheelset (~1550g) http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25969 , but is the carbon worth it? How is the ride of carbon deep dish wheels different than aluminum rims?

·
Registered
12 Posts
How about Miracle Trade?

I pulled the trigger on their 50mm carbon clinchers. Price was 607 $ including shipping to Finland and Paypal fees. Does anyone know if Miracle Trade is legit? They said that it takes 3 months to manufacture my wheels. Waiting will be frustrating if I can't be sure if they are real.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Myrkur said:
How about Miracle Trade?

I pulled the trigger on their 50mm carbon clinchers. Price was 607 $ including shipping to Finland and Paypal fees. Does anyone know if Miracle Trade is legit? They said that it takes 3 months to manufacture my wheels. Waiting will be frustrating if I can't be sure if they are real.
did you already place the order with them? if so, thats good, because usually people ask the questions before ordering.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Myrkur said:
How about Miracle Trade?

Some people I know order from miracle trade. They have good wheels too, but they are always late in shpping and they use cheaper hubs and spokes than yishun

·
Registered
12 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
did you already place the order with them? if so, thats good, because usually people ask the questions before ordering.
Well they seemed legit and service was helpful so I decided to give a try. However if I had found this topic earlier I might have chosen this yishun instead.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Does anyone know any details of the hubs on these? Are they user serviceable, how many pawls, etc. etc.? Do you think 50mm clinchers would stand up to a 200lb rider for everyday riding? Currently riding Reynolds Assaults and have had no issues so far in about 3500 miles.

41 - 60 of 1324 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.