Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
681 - 700 of 1324 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just received Yishun alloy clinchers

These puppies weigh 1390 grams, have 30m profile and have awesome hubs that are smooth, quiet, and spin forever. The price including shipping to California was $290. Paid by pay pal & got them from China 5 days later! Very well packed, they even came with very nice thin red rim tape installed. I like the red anodized spoke nipples... I can share some pictures but I don't see an "upload file" feature...These were bought from Stefano at Yishun.

·
Registered
212 Posts
lust4bikes said:
have awesome hubs that are smooth, quiet
are Yishun using different hubs on these wheels? the standard hubs (Chosen) on my 38mm carbon tubulars spin well but are pretty noisy :eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
fazzman said:
Did you weigh the wheels yourself? More info, spokes, hubs? Looks like full alloy rims. How do they ride?
Curious about that as well, their advertised weights have been known to be on the low side. That's a damn good price for alloys of that weight if they are accurate.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Got an email from Tony from Yishin. Rim is a Kinlin XR270 (430gx2), chosen hubs (85/220g) , pillar 14/19 spokes (96/115g), nippels (6,8g). Has weights next to all components on an excel he sent to me. 1390g total. My only cancern is the alloy nippels, no brass on the drive side. But for 200 bucks plus shipping i dont think you can complain.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I crash tested my 60/88 wheelset yesterday over a short lunch ride @ about 20mph. I haven't seen the bike yet but I am told the wheels are fine! :) I wish I could say the same about my helmet, jersey, rear Rival shifter, carbon bars, left clavicle, right thumb, #6 left rib, left lung, right knee, and all my road rash...

·
Registered
173 Posts
blackstripes said:
Well, I crash tested my 60/88 wheelset yesterday over a short lunch ride @ about 20mph. I haven't seen the bike yet but I am told the wheels are fine! :) I wish I could say the same about my helmet, jersey, rear Rival shifter, carbon bars, left clavicle, right thumb, #6 left rib, left lung, right knee, and all my road rash...
happy you are out of the hospital from the sounds of it at least. Good luck healing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Blackstripes, I think those wheels are cursed. Send them to me.

And really, that must have been a nasty crash. Broken collar bone? Bruised or punctured lung? Wow.

POST PICTURES OF ALL CARNAGE.

·
Iohannes fac totum
3,150 Posts
88 rex said:
Well, just ordered 50mm in 12k. Now to decide on hubs......hmmm

EDIT: Just for the fun of it I just ordered some Dixi hubs with Ti skewers. More than likely going with Sapims on the front and not sure about rear......probably CX rays too. :)

Rims arrived today. So that's about a week to get to the US from Taiwan. Not bad. They look awesome and feel pretty darn light! Can't wait to get the hubs and then take some measurements for spoke length.:)

·
Registered
237 Posts
lust4bikes said:
These puppies weigh 1390 grams, have 30m profile and have awesome hubs that are smooth, quiet, and spin forever. The price including shipping to California was $290. Paid by pay pal & got them from China 5 days later! Very well packed, they even came with very nice thin red rim tape installed. I like the red anodized spoke nipples... I can share some pictures but I don't see an "upload file" feature...These were bought from Stefano at Yishun.
I would love to see some more pics. To upload pictures you must first upload them to an image hosting website such as photobucket. Then use the the insert image button in the reply form and insert the url of the uploaded picture.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nothing yet, the suspense is killing me. I hope they shipped me prime quality rims.

I had a dream (read: nightmare) just two nights ago that I received my wheel shipment. I was so excited, I ran over to the box only to find wheels that had been totally destroyed. I am talking about taco'd rims, spokes sticking out every which way, and edges ground flat as if they had been dragged along the concrete for a few miles.

I am not shitting you. These wheels weigh so heavily on my mind, I am dreaming about them.

681 - 700 of 1324 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.