Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

China carbon wheels

539K views 1K replies 201 participants last post by  Coolhand 
#1 ·
#830 ·
SRS said:
Here we go again.........................................Maybe some of you guys need to make your own "where are my wheels now thread". This is just rediculus:mad2:
This is a thread about China carbon wheels and, thus, China carbon wheel manufacturers. Check the China carbon frame thread and you will see shipping/tracking information, especially if there were problems with an order.

There were problems. Now you can either skip over the posts or leave the damn thread. We are on topic.

P.S. It is RIDICULOUS. Lern 2 b edukated.

#831 ·
Safeway said:
Nope, this is as far as it goes -

Timing Site Status
2010-11-08 14:37:00 LINAN Posting
2010-11-08 17:39:15 LINAN Arrival at Sorting Center
2010-11-08 19:11:29 LINAN Despatch from Sorting Center
2010-11-08 22:39:49 HANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
2010-11-08 23:07:56 HANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

And on the USPS site -

There is no record of this item.

I don't know what the hold-up is. I didn't think this could get more ridiculous, but it is. And remember they quoted me and promised to me that they shipped 11-05!
Okay, well mine started on teh 7th and arrived in the US on the 9th. It didn't update until early this morning. So, by that same logic, yours *should* arrive in the US some time tonight, and maybe you'll see an update by tomorrow a.m. Good luck man. I know your situation royally sucked. I hope when you eventually get your wheels you will be able to look back at this some day and laugh about it.

#833 ·
AvantDale said:
Lol...this has got to be the worst shipping debacle ever.

At this point...the wheels should be over-nighted. :idea:
Well, there is more to the story. Tony said that he would DHL 3-day the wheels to be on 11-05. But then five minutes later, he said that he could no longer do that since they had already shipped out on 11-05 via EMS.

So he lied about EMS so he didn't have to DHL 3-day them but then waited 3 more days to actually send them via EMS! Shipments went out on 11-05 and all the remaining returns went out 11-07, but somehow, my wheels didn't go out again until 11-08!

I told you guys they are purposefully delaying these wheels.

#834 ·
Safeway said:
Well, there is more to the story. Tony said that he would DHL 3-day the wheels to be on 11-05. But then five minutes later, he said that he could no longer do that since they had already shipped out on 11-05 via EMS.

So he lied about EMS so he didn't have to DHL 3-day them but then waited 3 more days to actually send them via EMS! Shipments went out on 11-05 and all the remaining returns went out 11-07, but somehow, my wheels didn't go out again until 11-08!

I told you guys they are purposefully delaying these wheels.
No.
Tell the truth.
They are purposely delaying YOUR wheels.
They obviously have it in for you.
They picked you out of everyone they have dealt with.
Face it.
It is a conspiracy against you.

#835 ·
FTR said:
No.
Tell the truth.
Face it.
Well.
It does seem that way.
Doesn't it not?
Offered to ship DHL 3-day.
But then lied and said EMS already picked up the wheels.
Even though they were not picked up for several days.
At this point.
I wouldn't be surprised if the delay was purposeful.
Though.
I don't understand why they would want more bad press.
From an obviously vocal and disgruntled client.
That waited 90 days for his wheels.
Before growing weary.
So it may very well be.
A conspiracy.
Against me.
We shall see.
Hope for remedy.
And this might be.
My last post on the matter ...

Finally.

#836 ·
FTR said:
No.
Tell the truth.
Face it.
C'mon take it easy on the guy... he's been through a sh*t experience and it was probably a complete comedy of errors that led to this extreme situation. It's happened to some of us before too (not with Yishun, but in other situations in life)... sometimes when it rains it pours, and apparently Safeway got monsooned. I'm sure it will work itself out but let the guy vent his frustration... especially if the negative publicity for Yishun helps them fix whatever issues they have with logistics, manufacturing, and customer service.

Every company f*cks up once in awhile. If they eventually make this right for Safeway, other current and potential future customers who are aware of this situation may make more informed decisions in the future. Personally I have had no issues with Yishun. My wheels are still in route and I have no reason to worry. But perhaps others may find this information valuable. Many people are anxious to get their wheels and given the recent customs and shipping issues, they have every right to be a bit nervous. Having updates from Safeway and others on their tracking status may help alleviate any fears for others.

By the way, my shipment just cleared customs in the US. They're in San Francisco and I'm in Chicago. I don;t know if they get air-shipped or ground shipped to me from San Fran, but I should have mine within the next couple days depending on how they ship across the country.

I'll update with impressions and pics when I get them. 50mm clinchers, all black.

#837 ·
My wheels arrived today. This time they arrived very fast (first time they were returned like others). Just an FYI for those in the US, the USPS would not deliver without a signature...had to arrange for them to be picked up at the post office. I have not seen them yet, so nothing to report.

#838 ·
FTR said:
No.
Tell the truth.
Face it.
Give it up:mad2: He aint gonna get it no matter what i guess.

But hell!!!! here we go again:)

Safeway: by now you should know that the chines do business a little different.......
In the end they will come thrue for you to....................
What you are posting about again and again should have its own thread. I think it is interesting that you havent got your wheelset yet, but i dont think we need updates about it 2 times a day. Maybe you could update us when you get them, or if you dont get them say in 2 weeks time.

This thread is about carbon wheels from china. We have now established that shipping is unreliable.

#839 ·
What can I say I'm an attorney. I'm used to making the worst of a situation and then broadcasting it to all interested parties.

That said, this situation required no artful crafting of facts. It was horrendous enough already. I just communicate what happened and it is so comical, as Siberian said, you guys assume I am twisting the story to favor the conspiracy position.

I am most concerned about my wheels. Next concern, skewers and valve extenders.

I hope the titanium skewers are included. I've never used valve extenders, so I don't know what to expect. I know some just screw on top and some actually replace the core itself. Any ideas?

#840 ·
Safeway said:
I am most concerned about my wheels. Next concern, skewers and valve extenders.

I hope the titanium skewers are included. I've never used valve extenders, so I don't know what to expect. I know some just screw on top and some actually replace the core itself. Any ideas?
I'm using conti valve extenders with my conti tubular tyres. they work well. there's a little tool in the pack for removing the core before you put the extender on. use a little bit of teflon tape on the threads and thread VERY CAREFULLY. these suckers cross thread easily as I found out the hard way.

#841 ·
If your running a Clincher...you won't be able to remove the core from the inner tube.

Theres not much to using valve extenders. You basically unscrew the valve and screw on the extenders...then pump like you normally do.

Whats gonna kinda suck is if you flat...you'll have to have the new inner tube valve thread pre-wrapped with teflon tape. The suck part is that you may not be able to hand tighten the extender to completely seal the threads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9YLlZDIOkU

#843 ·
fritzzz said:
Is that enough to get a pump head on OK? I would have thought the minimum would be about 3cm...
It should be. Just from test fitting it with the tube slightly inflated, it stuck out about the same amount as my current 28mm aluminum wheels. I'm not sure what length stem I have on those, but it's nothing crazy like 60mm

I'm planning on installing the tires later today so I will let you know

#849 ·
Wondering if anyone has tryed these rims before? Do you recognise them? dont want to tell who the supplyer is yet, because i have a broken rim and just waiting to se if things get solved in a good manner. I will keep you guys posted and tell who the supplyer is later. I chose to have them drilled with internal nipples. they are 48mm high and rims weigh in at 324 gr:cool: . What you see in pictures is 513 gr. Havent tryed them yet but maybe someone has?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.