Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
China, Heyuan ride report

The journey is : Dongguan by bus to Heyuan>Exploring Heyuan (80km)> take national road 205 go south west to Huizhou (100km)> by bus to Dongguan. The whole journey took us 3 days to complete.
Heyuan is the place where SARS originate.

This is the kind of condition of the bus that we had taken to Heyuan. That is one of the worst I have ever taken in the Mainland. The bus services there is improving drastically recently, some are even better than that in Hong Kong in my opinion.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have been trying to blend in with the mainland people by not wearing helmet and less lycra. That was a complete failure when we heard Hello in english from these school kids. We were quickly sourrounded by them asking for autograph like big film stars. I had finished the autograph early then chi-ming and managed to take a picture of the remaining four fans.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A visit to the home of an old lady. She was making a meal in the kitchen and a cat lying warm/comfortable to a stove. She was very kind to offer us some tea, we offered candy for her kids in return.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Misses So offering us some goods for sale. We managed to get an old village song from them with our candy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts