Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI
I just bought a set of these and am quite please so far. Straight and true out of the box and they ride really nice. A bit heavier than what I was used to but carry speed well and don't flex when mashing it. Its a crap shoot buying direct across the pond but these guys seem to be ok. The only thing I would change on my next set of wheels from them is to tell them to hold the uber sticky spoke prep. These appear to be a zipp firecrest 303 clone without the dimples, not quite as blunt on the trailing edge but close. I took a chance on scratching my wide style carbon clincer itch without spending more than what my entire bike cost. Maybe it will work out but time will tell.

New Arrival 25mm Rim Width 50mm Carbon Clincher Wheels with Free Rim Tape QR | eBay

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,659 Posts
FYI
I just bought a set of these and am quite please so far. Straight and true out of the box and they ride really nice. A bit heavier than what I was used to but carry speed well and don't flex when mashing it. Its a crap shoot buying direct across the pond but these guys seem to be ok. The only thing I would change on my next set of wheels from them is to tell them to hold the uber sticky spoke prep. These appear to be a zipp firecrest 303 clone without the dimples, not quite as blunt on the trailing edge but close. I took a chance on scratching my wide style carbon clincer itch without spending more than what my entire bike cost. Maybe it will work out but time will tell.

New Arrival 25mm Rim Width 50mm Carbon Clincher Wheels with Free Rim Tape QR | eBay
i'll never understand this...i hope you don't show up on the Darwin Awards list any time soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am happy to report no darwin awards thus far after several training rides, a trip down a mountain pass uber fast, and a rain soaked road race. Even jumped a few rail road tracks for good measure. Wheels are definitely fast and are holding up well. I have bought direct from across the pond numerous times and it can be a crap shoot but Kung Foo did a good job on these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.