Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 1474 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
ColoRoadie said:
As easy as it is to setup a paypal account...I really have to wonder about sellers who refuse to do it.
Two different sellers told me the reason they don't use paypal is the length of time to get the money from PayPal to their bank account and that in their industry, they need to have cash for quick turn arounds.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ok, but when they lose sales to your competition who are not so short sighted, that business decision seems rather odd. The sales that they can convince to wire money to them will still exist....in addition to those, like me, who would never buy something from China without some sort of buyers protection (credit card company or paypal). There are too many horror stories.

·
Registered
902 Posts
stubek said:
Two different sellers told me the reason they don't use paypal is the length of time to get the money from PayPal to their bank account
Got to say I can readily understand that point of view. I really, really dislike the fact that when I send money or buy sometyhing via PayPal, the money is debited from my bank account within hours at most yet when I sell something on Ebay, it takes PayPal 3-5 days when I opt to move the funds from PayPal to my bank but that is an entirely different topic of discussion.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My experience so far with Miracle Trade

ok. I've received my order (well most of it) from Miracle Trade (Jack Chen).
ordered and paid for via Electronic Bank Transfer 5/8. shipment came on the 14/9.
Communications were generally good and quick. however after you order there isn't much feedback on how your order is progressing. I had to chase up for progress twice. it would have been nice if they gave you an email to let you know your package has been shipped and give you the EMS tracking number.

My order was
- MC015 frame 3k matt clearcoat (HongFU FM0015)
- carbon fork 3k matt clearcoat
- carbon seatpost 3k
- carbon handlebars 3k
- carbon stem 3k
- 2 x carbon bottle cages
- headset
- extra rear derailleur hanger
- seatpost clamp (freebie)
Total $640USD

The box arrived pretty mangled, like it had been handled by gorillas, but the frame and bits inside were well enough padded, so apart from one tiny cosmetic scratch the parts were undamaged. the finish on the frame and fork is excellent. the weave matches up well, the matt finish is just what i wanted, the weave is visible but not shiny. from initial inspection the frame is straight and well aligned.

The package did not contain my headset, extra rear derailleur and seatpost clamp. I sent Jack an email a day ago I'm still yet to get a response. usually he responds within half a day. Hopefully he'll respond soon, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been lurking on these threads for a while and just bought a FM028 ISP frame from carbonzone on ebay. Frame came four days later, it was a bit rough around the edges but good for the price.
Want to try and build this bike up as light as I can(afford). Just wondering has anyone changed the seat mast stubby? Was going to swap it for a Tune cappy 34.9 but when I measured the seat mast the diameter was 36mm. Seems an odd size, anyway how much wiggle room would there be with the Tune? Could I make it fit or should I go for the larger size (38.2).

·
Registered
26 Posts
my fm028 has a 37mm seat tube. i would go for the 38.2 cappy and a custom shim, or do as i've done, made a custom carbon stubby.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I test road a bike today. I am pretty sure it was the FM018 although the down tube might have had a bit more of a bend to it. It was hard to tell.
The bike was non-ISP had full Token Accura components, an easton aerobar, and Edge 58 and 88mm wheels.
Once I got some miles on it and got comfortable, it was FAST. I was shocked at how stiff and fast the bike was. It felt stiffer than a Fuji D6 which is impressive. I think the D6 was slightly easier to steer than this one. This bike was so stiff, that to steer, you really just slide your shoulders side to side rather than move the handle bars.

Anyways, quite a nice bike and supper stiff. It is a little unstable at low speeds and a little hard to sprint standing up, but slightly wider base bars and more time on the bike would help that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
timed said:
my fm028 has a 37mm seat tube. i would go for the 38.2 cappy and a custom shim, or do as i've done, made a custom carbon stubby.
Thanks timed, can't get the 38.2 cappy for 4 to 6 weeks. How did you make your own? Might give it a go if its not to difficult.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Question for the guys who have an FM015. what headset do you have and which ones are compatible with the frame?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Taiwanese made "Velocite Magnus" frame is USD499 including shipping from Yongs shop. Price has gone up from ca 480 in the last days and he has removed the "Flux" frame (mtb) from the webshop. I have not asked about if he still can get the "Flux". Seatposts are also very Velocity-like. He had some other frames as well that he has removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mail answers were quick and the first time I asked about the lighter frame version that he was mentioning in the ebay auction.

Hi,friend. Thanks for you asking. We have the superlight version design. It is lighter than this list shows. But we have not get it in store. If you want, it will take about 30 days to make for you. And it will be expensive.
Best regards

Yong
CyclingYONG & CustomYONG
web site:www.cyclingyong.com
I asked about the price.

hi,friend,
if the super light version,it will more expensive than 160$. no much.but also not cheap.haha

Yong
CyclingYONG & CustomYONG
[email protected]
https://www.cyclingyong.com/category.php?id=44
https://cgi.ebay.com/R1-Carbon-Fibe...50691895466?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item3a5e66c0aa
same person?
https://cgi.ebay.com/Road-Bike-full...30456226773?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item4cf0b9dbd5

edit; found the old Flux auction where he also mentions the lighter version. I didn't find the old road frame auction with Yong mentioning the lighter version. From the pictures he had on his shop the lighter version looked like having the carbon BB30 bottom bracket (as original Velocite) - not the alu one. I have not asked him about the bottom bracket.
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FULL-CARBON-...2135455?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item3a5e6a6a1f

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ohm said:
Hi,friend. Thanks for you asking. We have the superlight version design. It is lighter than this list shows. But we have not get it in store. If you want, it will take about 30 days to make for you. And it will be expensive.
Best regards

Yong
CyclingYONG & CustomYONG
My favorite line from his site (for the $720 "Prince" frame)
Every Frame has the LIFE INSURANCE. Make your sagacity choose!!!
I nearly did spit my coke at the monitor when I read that one. Pure Chinglish awesomeness. I wonder if that's term or whole-life insurance?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Why this guys seels it so expensive? u can get it somewhere else for way less than that. U havent seen the paint jobs a guy in spain is coming with, are better than these ones.

ps: now i get it, free shipping?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yong is the only one I know of that sells a "Velocite Magnus" frame like these. Stradelli also does but they cost USD900.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Seems like there are four companies on here people buy from, so I thought I would just quickly list the contact at each company, feel free to update or even start a thread just for this.

Dengfu – Mina, Tony
Hongfu - Jenny
Miracle Trading - Jack
Cycling Yong - Yong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, here's some pics of my 58cm FM028 from carbonzone;

Bout $600 usd all in inc postage to UK, headset and bonus seat clamp. All good apart from rear wheel seems a little bit misaligned, could be dishing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered a FM-R830SL from Wenzhou Sunday Trade Co.
(https://bicycleparts.en.alibaba.com..._Fiber_Road_Bicycle_frame_set_FM_R830SL_.html)

Ordered frame, fork, headset, seat clamp and seat post. I ordered to check quality and ride of frame. The geometries of the 001, 015 and 028 just don't make sense, that's why I ordered the 830sl. Frame advertised was 850g my size 55 (57.5 tt fits like 58cm) came in at 960g. Only took 3 days shipping to Florida. No problems building bike. Communication has been great. I'm going to order some more and sell in my shop if this bike gets interest. Total riding weight is 17lbs 8 oz. with pedals, cages, pump ect... ride impressions coming up.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Nice build. If you are interested in taking it on a little shake down ride with some other RBR folks from FL, check out the thread in The Lounge for a ride on Oct. 3. Ride starts not too far from Mt. Dora.

21 - 40 of 1474 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.