Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 1474 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Anybody can post the geometry tables for some models in a sticky or maybe in a new thread so we dont have to be looking in the web and stuff?

Thanks

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Here is the geometry for the 028.
What does not make sense?
Makes absolutely perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well, I guess I am not going to be buying a TT frame after all. I finally got my LBS to give me a screaming deal on a Scott Plasma. Its the original Ultegra, but it has a Zipp Vuka aerobar. And I was looking forward to custom painting and building a TT bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You gotta swap those pedals. I know how heavy them things are.
I did tonight, was waiting for some new shoes compatable with Time cleats to arrive. Just used what I had lying around for a test ride.

There is nothing unusual about those angles, I picked the 028 cos it is similier in stack and reach to Specialized. can't get more usual than that.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
tinribz said:
I did tonight, was waiting for some new shoes compatable with Time cleats to arrive. Just used what I had lying around for a test ride.

There is nothing unusual about those angles, I picked the 028 cos it is similier in stack and reach to Specialized. can't get more usual than that.
Tinribz
How tall are you and what is your inseam.
I am stuck between the 58cm and the 60cm.
My Moots has a 58cm ETT, I run a 110mm stem but think I could run a 100mm and I use a Moots layback seatpost.
The 58cm comes with a 57.3cm ETT.
The 60cm comes with a 58.6cm ETT.

I am 6'2.5" tall with a 34.5" cycling inseam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm 6ft, my inside leg (stocking feet, book on wall to floor) is 33"

I generally find 56cm's feel a lttle small and 58's a little big. My last frame felt small so I orderd a 58, mainly because I wanted a bit of height to help with some neck pain.

TBO it does feel a bit stretched out for me even with a fairly short stem, even though on paper 57.3 is not that long? But this is the first time I've gotten away with flipping a stem (-8). Not been on a proper ride yet either.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
tinribz said:
Hi,

I'm 6ft, my inside leg (stocking feet, book on wall to floor) is 33"

I generally find 56cm's feel a lttle small and 58's a little big. My last frame felt small so I orderd a 58, mainly because I wanted a bit of height to help with some neck pain.

TBO it does feel a bit stretched out for me even with a fairly short stem, even though on paper 57.3 is not that long? But this is the first time I've gotten away with flipping a stem (-8). Not been on a proper ride yet either.

Thanks for that.
Sounds like the 60cm will be closer to what I need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everybody,

Thank you for your post. Since 3 weeks, I read your post about Chinese carbon bike and you give me many good informations.

In a few weeks, I would like to buy my first frame since 1988!!!

I would like to know if the ISP frame can have a failure problem. My brother say me that could be a problem with the ISP.

Sorry for my english, I'm just a french man from Montreal ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
ISP Frame problem??

Hello everybody,

Thank you for your post. Since 3 weeks, I read your post about Chinese carbon bike and you give me many good informations.

In a few weeks, I would like to buy my first frame since 1988!!!

I would like to know if the ISP frame can have a failure problem. My brother say me that could be a problem with the ISP.

Sorry for my english, I'm just a french man from Montreal ;)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
FTR said:
Tinribz
How tall are you and what is your inseam.
I am stuck between the 58cm and the 60cm.
My Moots has a 58cm ETT, I run a 110mm stem but think I could run a 100mm and I use a Moots layback seatpost.
The 58cm comes with a 57.3cm ETT.
The 60cm comes with a 58.6cm ETT.

I am 6'2.5" tall with a 34.5" cycling inseam.
Obviously the TT length is not an issue here. How about the head tube length? Seat angle? Wheelbase?

There is no substitute... figure out the X-Y position of your saddle and bars relative to the bottom bracket, and figure out how to replicate this on the new frame. Then you will know. Until then you will just be guessing.

·
Registered
662 Posts
ISP doesn't look like a problem, the main issue with ISP is if you cut the mast too short because once is cut, you have almost no play to make it longer for example.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
rruff said:
Obviously the TT length is not an issue here. How about the head tube length? Seat angle? Wheelbase?

There is no substitute... figure out the X-Y position of your saddle and bars relative to the bottom bracket, and figure out how to replicate this on the new frame. Then you will know. Until then you will just be guessing.
Sorry rruff, not trying to be smart here, I simply do not understand what you are saying.
I have always sized my bikes by ETT.
Regardless of angles etc the ETT will always be what it is.
I am talking ETT and not actual TT which is a completely different and nonsensical thing to consider when measuring a bike IMO.

Can you explain what additional benefit I get from your method.
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
The important points in bike fit are the position of the saddle and bars relative to the BB. If you like the way your current bike fits then you want to replicate these points. The ETT does not really tell you anything, because if the seat angle and/or headtube length are different then the "reach" (distance from saddle to bars) will be different even if the ETT is the same.

The most important variable on a frame is usually the headtube height. Usually if you get that about right you can adjust the saddle and stem to get everything in the right place. If you are an outlier (short legs, long torso, etc) then you will have a more difficult time and must be very careful about getting the right size.

I'm 6' and have normal proportions, and like a lot of drop. I got a FM028 and use a 130mm stem and it's perfect. If you don't like a lot of drop you can go with a bigger frame and shorter stem and it will be fine.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
OK. Been and done some measuring.
My setup on the Moots is 79.5cm from centre of BB to top of saddle and 58cm from the front of the saddle to the centre of my bars (where they go through the clamp). This feels reasonable comfortable to me.

I pushed all the figures through this calculator and it would seem that the 58cm 028 is actually going to feel longer than my Moots despite having a shorter ETT??

Moots:
HA - 74deg
STA - 73deg
BB drop - 70mm
Front Axle to Crown - 372mm
HT length - 176mm
ETT - 580mm

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
That looks like a good calculator. Check your axle-crown figure. Also note the longer head tube on the FM028... that will effect the height of your bars, so consider if that is something you can work with. For instance, if you have spacers under the stem now, then it would not be a problem.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
rruff said:
That looks like a good calculator. Check your axle-crown figure. Also note the longer head tube on the FM028... that will effect the height of your bars, so consider if that is something you can work with. For instance, if you have spacers under the stem now, then it would not be a problem.
Yeah, not sure I am measuring this one right.
I have measured from the top of the fork (where it meets with the lower headset race) down to the threaded section of my skewer. Seems strange that this is 10mm longer than all of the Chinese figures.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Oops, typo on the axle - crown.
Have updated the figures with what is on their website.
Looks like the 60cm will be about the same reach but with 30mm increase to stack height.
The 58cm will have an 10mm shorter reach and an 11mm higher stack height.

Looks like the 58cm might be better??

41 - 60 of 1474 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.