Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1161 - 1180 of 1474 Posts

·
Banned
8,103 Posts
ultraman6970 said:
Riders and a shop person do not know it is not the real stuff? amaze me.

Well what u can do is come up with some random brand, or with some non known brand from europe so they have at least to dig it to find out like for example BH from spain (super old brand), or some RIH or some stuff. Ridley it is too obvious if you ask me.

Next option just get the bike painted like the trek radioshack, nobody will notice ever hehehe :D
It's obvious to us because we read these threads.

But two guys referred to the Ridley guy in the pack saying, "He's the guy riding up front on the Ridley with Easton wheels"

(Maybe the wheels are fakes too?)

I'll snap a picture next saturday.
thefutureofamerica said:
Haha, I love it... with some super-dark red (almost black) decals on a black frame, that would look rad.

ROOK 666?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Like the frame posted by Ultraman - curious which one that is, the ISP/clamp setup looks like the other Chinese stuff. Are those red anodized SRAM brakes?

edit:
Under 1800 bucks shipped with Apex... http://cgi.ebay.com/Rossetti-Vertig...50720921659?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item3a6021a83b

That's not a bad way to go. You'd probably come pretty close to that if you were building from scratch and didn't have parts lying around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check out the rest of the frames at that ebay link. The Diablesse in Black and Fluro yellow looks suspiciously like a FM015 to me, and there is another one there that looks like the FM001 (But at 870g instead of about 1100, so I don't know for sure) so maybe they ARE available somewhere. I want one of these vertigo frames, but I have never seen something like that at the usual spots. Maybe it's a new 2011 frame?

Edit: Damn my eyes, yeah that Diablesse was black and green/white.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Halfie said:
Check out the rest of the frames at that ebay link. The Diablesse in Black and Fluro yellow looks suspiciously like a FM015 to me, and there is another one there that looks like the FM001 (But at 870g instead of about 1100, so I don't know for sure) so maybe they ARE available somewhere. I want one of these vertigo frames, but I have never seen something like that at the usual spots. Maybe it's a new 2011 frame?
The DIablesse I come up with is black and green/white, not yellow. This frame does remind me of the Fm015 (similar head tube shape and thin seat stays), but I"m pretty sure it's not as the geometry is off. For example, the large size (80cm seat tube including ISP) has a similar top tube length to the 58cm FM015, however, heat and seat tube angles are off (72.7 and 73 deg vs 73 and 73.5 on FM015)

I also like the look of that Vertigo frame. Similar lines to the FM028, but more aggressive geometry due to flatter top tube (like the FM015)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I was wondering where to get torque numbers for building up these carbon frames (ie, FM015). Specifically interested in:

BB cup
stem at steerer tube
seat post clamp for non-ISP
bolts for derailler hangers and cages, brake mounts, etc

·
Registered
247 Posts
Careful

Careful, the pictures show Red, but most of them are Apex parts.

Halfie said:

·
Registered
662 Posts
No arent sram brakes, they are maybe kcnc type of brakes. The bike doesnt look like 72 degrees at all. Looks like 74 degrees, probably they do not even know and just put whatever because the geometries are pretty weird in their web site.

Would love to get that darn frame. looks nice.

zender said:
Like the frame posted by Ultraman - curious which one that is, the ISP/clamp setup looks like the other Chinese stuff. Are those red anodized SRAM brakes?

edit:
Under 1800 bucks shipped with Apex... http://cgi.ebay.com/Rossetti-Vertig...50720921659?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item3a6021a83b

That's not a bad way to go. You'd probably come pretty close to that if you were building from scratch and didn't have parts lying around.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I'm lovin' that Vertigo frame. The headtube area reminds me of a big gusseted aluminum DH mountain bike frame :D

Gonna shoot an email to Mina to see if they have seen it over at Dengfu. Will update when I hear back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ultraman6970 said:
Ok guys, what frame is this one? Anybody have seen this frame moving around?

THanks.
Ive been considering a FM015 as my first build and have been lurking for a while plotting my build. But after seeing this bike Ive gotta build one of these its gorgeous. If anybody finds a frame please please let me know. I love the lines and the red and black looks a million dollars. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Got a reply from Mina. They only have the FM015 and 028. She does not know which model that is.

I agree that it looks vaguely familiar around the seatpost and rear triangle. But, I don't recall seeing that headtube arrangement on a no-name frame.

·
Registered
151 Posts
karlo said:
Finally got my bike setup and decals came in yesterday and on the bike. Here are a few pictures but click on the link below to see more if you like.

KGDC-6 (FM015 from DengFu) - 16lbs as shown

To see more detailed larger pics click here: KGDC-6 Pictures

Karlo did you do a clear coat over the decals? I'm thinking of emailing Brazil for some custom work myself.

·
Registered
55 Posts
gwillis said:
Ive been considering a FM015 as my first build and have been lurking for a while plotting my build. But after seeing this bike Ive gotta build one of these its gorgeous. If anybody finds a frame please please let me know. I love the lines and the red and black looks a million dollars. Thanks in advance.
This is ROSSETTI VERTIGO, italian. Nice. You can buy it on line from manufacturer.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Lobo that bike never been italian, in a matter of fact the most close that bike will get to italy it will be the last name brand. The owner is an argentinian that is in miami right now. The second fact is that italians hate argentinians because they swear to be italians (u did not born in italy? then you are not italian, as simple as that), having those two facts in consideration to even put the word italian nearby rossetti is the biggest sacrilege ever to the italian industry :p

This is a chain toy store in buenos aires, argentina.

http://www.juguetibici.com/index.php?bq=0&n1=QklDSUNMRVRBUyBST1NTRVRUSQ==&

And here is a rossetti for kids and other stuff with a very italian brand names

http://www.juguetibici.com/index.php?bq=0&n3=QklDSUNMRVRBUyBNQUc=&

We need to find out what frame is that one....

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you alibaba it!! it says are coming from australia? WTF?

zender said:
Got a reply from Mina. They only have the FM015 and 028. She does not know which model that is.

I agree that it looks vaguely familiar around the seatpost and rear triangle. But, I don't recall seeing that headtube arrangement on a no-name frame.

1161 - 1180 of 1474 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.