Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1621 - 1640 of 6010 Posts

·
Journeyman Wheelsmith
200 Posts
Yep they are threaded. I don't know the size but jagwire barrel adjusters fit perfectly. No issues.
They are M5 x 0.8mm.

It's a good idea to have this size tap on hand. Usually the barrel adjuster threads and/or the bottle cage threads need to be chased with the tap to get them nice and clean.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone have issues with the fm028 ISP seatmast topper slipping? After taking it apart it seems like a poor design. Short of replacing the topper, which I will most likely do, anyone have any ideas to keep it from slipping?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not too sure what you mean by slipping, do you mean rotating?

Or by slipping do you mean the ISP has been cut a little short and your topper is not sitting flush with the top of the ISP or you have changed your saddle and now require the topper to be adjusted above the cut ISP? (same problem just different ways of reaching that problem)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Not too sure what you mean by slipping, do you mean rotating?

Or by slipping do you mean the ISP has been cut a little short and your topper is not sitting flush with the top of the ISP or you have changed your saddle and now require the topper to be adjusted above the cut ISP? (same problem just different ways of reaching that problem)
How about some Carbon Assembly Paste? Have you tried that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
By slipping I mean that I can't seen to be able to lock down the horizontal position of the saddle. It seems to hold for a bit, but if I hit a bump in the road for example the clamp is loosened and shifts the saddle either up or down.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'll see if I can find some carbon assembly paste locally. I should have thought of that, thanks for the suggestion.
Just to be sure, you mean the mast slips on the post, right? Or are you saying the adjustments on the seat mast don't hold, allowing your saddle to tilt up or down as you put pressure on your saddle?

·
Registered
65 Posts
By slipping I mean that I can't seen to be able to lock down the horizontal position of the saddle. It seems to hold for a bit, but if I hit a bump in the road for example the clamp is loosened and shifts the saddle either up or down.
ah ha

I know the problem. happened to me on my FM015. Had to remove the saddle and reposition the rails, hasn't budged since. The topper is a really crappy design. Spending another $100 on a proper ISP topper is a really good idea!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll try the carbon paste for a cheap fix. Anyone find a direct replacement seatmast topper that fits? I read a post back of utilizing a Ritchey topper with some shims. When I took the included seatmast topper apart, I couldn't believe it didn't have any grooves for the clamp to bite into. I thought this was solved years ago!

·
Registered
929 Posts
ah ha

I know the problem. happened to me on my FM015. Had to remove the saddle and reposition the rails, hasn't budged since. The topper is a really crappy design. Spending another $100 on a proper ISP topper is a really good idea!
What do you mean by re-position the rails? Do you mean you slid the saddle back or forward more, effectively changing your fore-aft position?

·
Registered
65 Posts
What do you mean by re-position the rails? Do you mean you slid the saddle back or forward more, effectively changing your fore-aft position?
Sorry i should have been a little clearer.

I basically dissembled the topper, removing the round, cone shaped things that tighten onto the rails of the saddle.

Upon reassembling the topper I had the rails in place and tightened the topper to the point where a forceful tap with the palm of the hand was required adjust fore-aft.

Now the next part is not very scientific.

Get your seat in the right position and bang the top of the saddle with your hand, bedding in the rails, now while apply continual downward pressure on the saddle tighten the bolts until secure. Mine hasn't budged since doing this.

It really is a horrible topper, there isn't a good point about it. Its heavy, hard to make minute adjustments. If i had my time again i would definitely get the non ISP for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a nice looking bike:thumbsup:... are you planning on adding any graphics? How do you like the wheels?
Thanks a lot. The wheels are nice because they are not so expensive and they are really bombproof, but on the are site the wheelset is not very ligt (1850 gramms). comprising i would say the wheelsset ist :thumbsup:

iam not sure at the moment, but i think i will add some decals on the frame, something like CS Cycling or so:)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Sorry i should have been a little clearer.

I basically dissembled the topper, removing the round, cone shaped things that tighten onto the rails of the saddle.

Upon reassembling the topper I had the rails in place and tightened the topper to the point where a forceful tap with the palm of the hand was required adjust fore-aft.

Now the next part is not very scientific.

Get your seat in the right position and bang the top of the saddle with your hand, bedding in the rails, now while apply continual downward pressure on the saddle tighten the bolts until secure. Mine hasn't budged since doing this.

It really is a horrible topper, there isn't a good point about it. Its heavy, hard to make minute adjustments. If i had my time again i would definitely get the non ISP for sure.
Great.... I already ordered my FM015 in ISP. :mad2: If I had known this sooner I would have gone non-ISP. This is the first complaints I have heard against the adjustability of the seat mast. I have read that it was heavy, and that was something I was planning to deal with, but having the adjustment slip around will have me very unhappy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I went against my better judgment and went with the ISP setup also on my FM028. Aside from looking cool, there's not much benefit. Ironically if I was buying a big $$$ carbon frame from another manufacturer, I definitely would have gone with a non-ISP setup. Ooh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i have been (ab)using a fm015 ISP for about 6 months and my only complaint about the ISP is that it makes it tricky to mount a rear light

the clamping setup has been fine

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like my ISP 015..... I have had no problems with it... I think it's stiffer then my non ISP bike especially while standing on the pedals going uphill...

·
Farnarkler
49 Posts
Hi BMORunning,
Glad to hear someone else has this frame. I love the fat down tubes and bottom bracket. They must use an enormous amunt of fabric on it. Sorry to hear the cable mount was dodgy. Running the cable outer was a good solution.

FYI I had to bend the edges of mine to fit the cable ends.

Not sure if the frame is a knock-off of anything.
My forks are Chinarellos though.

After 1 month of winter commuting it's flawless. Out of the saddle uphill grinding doesn't flex the frame at all. Just solid propulsion.

If I had to change anything I'd go for disc brake front. I hate the wet weather rim scoring of conventional brakes.

I'm planning on building up a light MTB/commuter from the same ebay seller. Just have to sell the old frame first.

Chris.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.

I bought a frameset and some bike parts at flyxii.com. All the bike parts OEM 3k carbon wave.

I would like to know: what is the correct torque to tighten the screws at the stem, handlebar, seatpost and in the Front Derailleur?

Can someone tell to me? I'm trying to ask to the chinese at flyxii.com but he just tell to me the price of the bike parts.

Thanks

1621 - 1640 of 6010 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.