Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1226 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Went with the Velobuild r-022 frame as velobuild got great reviews

Got great review where ? How are you liking rolling on it, and how long/miles has it been rolling If I may ask?

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have an R-002 with a few thousand miles on it. No complaints other than I cut the steerer too short and need to replace the fork. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, I have seen people interested to buy the HongFu FM296 carbon frame. I have found that Miracle have also the same Fame MC296, and they specify T800 carbon and lower weight. I am believe that HongFU have the T700 and the t800 version available also and I am waiting for a price to compare.

Anyone, have order yet. I have ride the FM-069 frame on a short distance on a short distance and the steering is very fast, and the frame is very efficient but could be a bit more absorbing for long distance ride. Of course, my friend is heavier than me and is probably very happy. HongFu sells this frame as T1000 carbon, and DengFu have the same but specify T800 carbon.

Anyone a assemble and ride a FM296 or MC296 and can give us feed back on the ride quality ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have been waiting since octobre last year for a new frame from Jerry

Jerry at Greatkeen is a joke, also Leanne one of his sellers:mad: ive been waiting since October last year.

He basically said most people buy a new frame if the first one breaks withing the 2 years and i sell them it for half price WTF so why have a warranty then ???

anyway have a look at this and if you do manage to get intouch ask him wheres my replacement frame :).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GreatKeen-Bikes-No-Warranty-Beware/603718279764682

now a happy caad10 rider :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jerry at Greatkeen is a joke, also Leanne one of his sellers:mad: ive been waiting since October last year.

He basically said most people buy a new frame if the first one breaks withing the 2 years and i sell them it for half price WTF so why have a warranty then ???

anyway have a look at this and if you do manage to get intouch ask him wheres my replacement frame :).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GreatKeen-Bikes-No-Warranty-Beware/603718279764682

Thank you Yeti. How was the quality originally?

Also, the greatkeen website now requires a password. My spidy senses are telling me to stay away.

·
Registered
144 Posts

From the earliest days I started researching China carbon (about 3 years ago), I've heard mixed reports about greatkeen. Mixed meaning some transactions were ok, while others were a nightmare. Long ago I decided to stay away. Enjoy your Caad10!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Everyone will have different experiences with different sellers. I suspect most of the Aliexpress sellers get their stock from the same wholesalers, it's just how much they try to charge.

I purchased a Pinarello Dogma from greatkeen when Cavendish rode for Sky in his WRC colours. Never had any issues, maybe a little over spray in the BB threads but thats common, even chucked it down the road in a spill on diesel at 20mph+ and all good....arse not so!!!

I purchased an F8 frame from a seller on Aliexpress, really happy with it but had an issue with a cable stop on the frame, the seller would not respond to any emails, was more than willing to pay for the part as the bike was no use without, eventually gave up, spoke to Jerry and and they provided the part i needed for £3, so after care on someone elses product, they get a thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everone,

I' thinking of starting the process of buying a CX frame from Dengfu.

Does anyone have a recent, successful contact address for them?

Many thanks

DP

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all,

Just to update that nearly 5,000 km on my FM186, I am pleased to say that the frameset does not disappoint and my cycling experience has been great and a few PBs on Strava achieved through this frameset.

The BB86 does give some level of stiffness though not overly and the seatpost clamp arrangement is effective and simple. It does not feel twitchy and the wheelbase gives a good amount of stability.

Shenzhen Miracle provides excellent customer service and patient with my customization requests. Definitely a nice buy if you are looking for an aero frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
need some fit help. I'm thinking of getting the Velobuild R-016 but not sure if I should got for the 52 or the 55. I did the fit calculator on competitive cyclists website and got the following results.

TT Length 550mm
seat tube range CC 539-545mm
seat tube rabge CT 550-560mm
stem length range 110-120mm

I was thinking the 55cm, but was wondering if I can go for the smaller 52 and run a longer stem just so I can have a more aggressive fit

Attachments

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Compare it to your old bike and go off that. Also you probably should give all the relevant information that you think a frame fitter would need in order to give you a fit. Your question is kind of a nothing question without it.

·
Registered
9 Posts

My point exactly in one of mine previous posts in this thread.
They have the warranty policy just as a selling tool which in practice never exists. In best case scenarion they re-sell you the product with slight discount so that they earn on you twice, nevertheless you are claiming the product under warranty case.
So all various Greatkeens, Cycling jong, Joshan, HK FeiFan, Kode bikes, Konor bikes, Chinesswalton, Joy bikes, etc. are a bunch of scammers who are well awared that they are far far away from you and that basically there is nothing you can do to them...to the contrast to LBS to which you can always go to and require legally actions from you if you are in titled to (warranty case, etc.).
The only thing which helps (within certain time frame) is to dispuite transaction, since as soon as this "Window" closed you can be 99% sure that they won't do anything to help you resolve the issue.
These are at least my experiences

·
Registered
45 Posts
need some fit help. I'm thinking of getting the Velobuild R-016 but not sure if I should got for the 52 or the 55. I did the fit calculator on competitive cyclists website and got the following results.

TT Length 550mm

I was thinking the 55cm, but was wondering if I can go for the smaller 52 and run a longer stem just so I can have a more aggressive fit

The TT is the most important number. As kiwisimon mention, compare with tour old frame. Their a 2,5 cm difference in the TT length between the 2 sizes, its big. You probably want to aim at a stem lenght between 10 and 12 cm. Having the reach number would be easier. Competitive cyclist calculator is good but dont trusted completely. I might be wrong but Its seems oriented for an agressive (stretched) riding position. If you want something more relax, number might change. You might want to compare the results with the Pedal force calculator. You can set the Saddle height over the saddle in this one.

Your old frame is your best starting point, as long as it fit you well.

·
Registered
45 Posts

TT Length 550mm

You might also want to check the price at Zhongwei, IPlay (IP-306), and carbon speed (CS-306).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Velobuild R-016, but having read back through the threads on here I'm starting to second guess dealing with them.

Is velobuild to be avoided?

I really the look and weight of the R-016. Geometry doesn't look to aggressive and it will take a Di2 upgrade down the line.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Velobuild R-016, but having read back through the threads on here I'm starting to second guess dealing with them.

Is velobuild to be avoided?

I really the look and weight of the R-016. Geometry doesn't look to aggressive and it will take a Di2 upgrade down the line.

Any thoughts?
Xiamen Iplay IP-306 and Xiamen Carbon Speed CS-306 sell the same or very similar product to the R-016. The review of the R-016 on the VB web site was in fact originally a review of the IP-306 frame - they change the name in the review when they start there company. If you look in the VB forum, you will see mention of the IP-306.
I believe that Zonghwei is the manufacturer of the R-016. I am not shure if the IP-306 / CS-306 are manufacture by Zonghwei. The IP/CS 306 are from the same manufacturer. Carbon speed is a new company started by previous Iplay employee. Both frame are a mixture of T700 and T800 carbon - its bot clearly stated on their description.

I have read a fair number of positive and also negative post about Velobuild. I have browse their forum and was negatively impress by the lack of recent post.

If you are looking for a relax geometry frame the IP / CS306 (R016) seems appreciate, but have limited number of frame size.

You might want to consider also the Miracle trade MT-MC696 (long head tube).

The FM296 (HongFu) of MC296 (Miracle) are also interesting but with a very slightly more aggressive geometry. Seems available in T700 or T800 carbon. I am aiming in this direction for now because the I have find a better match for my size (more size choice)

I am also shopping for a new frame. Unfortunately I have not find many review on those frame that I have mention.

I hope this help...

·
Crabon Fibber
67 Posts
Hi All,

Lots of information in this thread(s)! I am considering building a Chinese carbon fiber road bike. I have a Domane 2.3 that I ride quite a bit and I would like something a little snappier on the road. I built a Dengfu FM190 Fatbike (25.5 lbs!) that I am incredibly happy with. I was just curious if there is a cross reference sheet out there on what frame models correspond to their name brand frames, for example the FM098 looks a lot like a Venge! Im not certain which model I want to go with yet, 6'4" 180lbs, I ride a 60CM Domane, all my mountain bikes are XLs or 21".

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Here is the FM190!
View attachment 305490
Here's my R-041, not sold anymore on Velobuildmall, It's a Schmenge. The FM-098 is an excellent choice.

·
Registered
144 Posts
@SL06
Is the MC696 the same frame as the FM-029 or the Zonghwei R-008 (R-027 on velobuild)? The geometry looks identical. I'm also hunting for a slightly more relaxed geometry frame.

41 - 60 of 1226 Posts