Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1181 - 1200 of 1220 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
So I finished the build, was a shame I had to use the old chainset its got millage marks but tough nuts the mrs already has a gun to my head.

The only genuine issue I have is that the seat post is undersized but from reading around this can be a common thing for carbon posts and especially aero shaped posts, even with an excessively tightened wedge.

On the first ride out I had to stop twice and lift it back out. I settled on fixing it buy adding a double height and double layer of black PVC insulation tape around the clamp area for the wedge to bite into and also a single height single layer around the bottom which only just slid in to prevent back and forward movement inside the frame pivoting from the clamp point so it cant wiggle its-self down.

I ran the cables through the plastic liner as I didn't want rub on the inside of the frame but the plastic cable guide attached to the bottom bracket was positioned in a way that caused a sharp kink so in the end I had to remove the guide and trim it for the rear mech to function nice and smooth.

Only been out on her twice in less than favourable conditions but I can tell you she is very fast. I upgraded from a relatively standard alloy frame with carbon fork which was not much heavier. The aero lines defiantly work wonders over 20mph.
How is the frame holding up? I bought the same one (in glossy black) and am anxiously awaiting a shipping notification.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I can't get onto the Long Teng website (ltbikes.com). Anyone know what's going on? Chinese New Year has been over for a while now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has anyone tried the integrated flat-bars commonly found on alibaba, Amazon and ebay?

I'm just talking about the common ones that sometimes have the 'TOSEEK' label on them, perhaps other labels, but also can be found with no label. I found the exact 'TOSEEK' brand bar/stem combo that is listed on Amazon on ebay, and that doesn't have any named brand on the carbon fiber for the ebay offering.

This is for an upright gravel-rider, so I'm really, really not worried about the forces up, down, or tree-smacking. What I am looking to do is take off the overly-heavy-duty/just-plain-heavy stem and bars to lighten the old rig up.

My main concern is the clamp area, being CF, and how well it flexes without breaking to hold the 1 1/8" steerer tube.

View attachment 324825

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ended up refinishing the forks with white enamel. I then wet sanded the whole frame and buffed it out. Looks like new. Now if the snow would melt..... IMG_1841.jpg

·
Registered
674 Posts
I really want a Giant TCR Advanced Pro or TCR Advanced SL, but I would consider an unbranded knockoff. Is there an Ebay Direct special that's close?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would try a search on AliExpress you are bound to have much better results there opposed to on Ebay, they have tons on high quality frames to choose from with lots of defferent options, I would also review Youtube "Chinese carbon frame" videos from buyers that routinely buy frames from AliExpress and will tell you what to look for and recommend some of the better vendors. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought an OG-EVKIN carbon stem off of eBay. Took a chance on this unknown brand as there is little to no information or reviews on the web. At $32 for a brand new full carbon stem it's hard to beat the price and it was sold by a retailer in the U.S. I must say I'm impressed. The stem looks almost identical to the Enve carbon stems which are $$$ and it came with titanium bolts. Weight is 115 grams for the 100mm. The stem seems solid and well made. I rode with it the first time yesterday and have no complaints.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been following these threads for years. I've been dealing with Alisa at LTBikes and placed an order for a LTK118 with a custom paint job. The XL BSA frame was in stock. I wanted a light frame with a minimum of 600mm stack & 400mm reach, not a whole lot to choose from in that size.

Alisa has been great, very responsive to my questions by email or wechat. She just sent me pics of the frame with a preview of my decals to validate everything. I had been struggling with the design and colors for a couple of days. I've wanted something totally different from my current bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Can anyone recommend a carbon drop bar from eBay or AliExpress? I'm thinking under $50, and a conventional shape that I can attach my Element Bolt mount to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone recommend a carbon drop bar from eBay or AliExpress? I'm thinking under $50, and a conventional shape that I can attach my Element Bolt mount to.
I've got about 300-400 miles on BXT carbon drop bars (Ritchey WCS stem). I posted the weight somewhere on this forum when I put them on (components and wrenching I think), under 200g iirc. I showed them to two guys much more experienced than me prior to install, both pulled/twisted on them and didn't notice any excessive flex.
They have been trouble free, I'm about 180 pounds btw. I think they're still $29 shipped, it took about 2 weeks.
The only thing that wasn't perfect was that there is a grippier/rougher surface where the levers mount; those spots didn't seem to be right where I wanted my levers, but that's all covered up and doesn't seem to be an issue. I also used the BXT grip tape, but that looks like it's gone up to $10 from $6, - nice tape.
I'm a regular on the mtbr forum, and one thing I've gathered from comments there is that most carbon bar failures are from over-torquing; I bought one of those 'set' torque keys off amazon for <$20 (the Presta Cycle 4Nm tool), I used carbon assembly paste and 4Nm seems perfectly adequate for road bars in my experience, - I think 6Nm is commonly recommended (I use 3Nm on flat bars for mtb and it's fine on multiple bikes).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Guys, my second Hong Fu build ever, and i guess my last!

7 Years ago i've ordered a very good frame for a good price so i thought, let's build a new one! But i guess something changed in this company!

First of all the the price are very high compared to my last frame. Ive paid 1.000 US-Dollar for the frame included a customt paint! Ive mailed them my instructions and get and template back! It should be black red gold (german flag)! The result i get at the end was black, orange gold! The paint is way to thick during my build i've pluged a plastic in to hide the holes for the cables and the paint cracked immdiatly in this place.

The so called plastic-cap cost me again 12 dollars, because the sended the wrong one, but you have to pay to their faults.

last but not least the rear hanger was totaly crooked, i couldnt adjust the hanger and i need the a new one. Thanks god i found a dealer here in the EU.

I've paid the frame on the 16.07.2019, shipping was @ 20.08.2019! A frame which was in stock!

I dont know what happend in this company, but i think there are better companys for a better value to buy in future.

But the frame is solid and light!

Guys enjoy the pics! :)

Total weight with Spinnergys is 6.89 kg

total weight with my tune wheels is 6.60 kg

Best regards Chris

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_E4694.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
TOSEEK Classic Full Carbon Fibre
I bought those through amazon because I was scared, you know stuff from China may get broken. It was middle of september when I ride them for the first time and I love it. The top edge (where the bowdens come out) fit perfect for my palms... Tested like 20 rides at the end of season, still in one peace :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Greece. Im interesting about carbon road disc brake frame and as I did a search here I found tantancycling.com and velobuild that likes me. But I want to ask if anyone has feedback about other store on aliexpress. Does anyone knows something about Pawcarbon bike store, taiwan carbon bike store and Rocking Cycling store. The last two stores gave me link with Password to get in. The link is

www.yohobike.com

The truth is that this site has everything that we want to see to buy a bike but I don't know how safe is. I would appreciate if anyone knows something. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
There were some posts about it on this forum a few years ago when it came out because it looks so much like Canyon Aeroad frame. Then it dropped off the radar for some reason.

1181 - 1200 of 1220 Posts