Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is comical, but at the same time troubling.

Ordered, and was supposedly just delivered, this:

Green Text Colorfulness Line Font

White

Opened package, found this:

Plastic

Text Parallel Paper Document Number

On one hand, if this is a scam, it was cheap. On the other hand ... I really wanted to try out this saddle style, and what they sent me has a little more padding than I was looking for.

Attachments

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
I think that in Chinese, the words for blanket and saddle are spelled the same.

(if it was on Amazon, you should be able to get your money back...I think....call them)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I think that in Chinese, the words for blanket and saddle are spelled the same.

(if it was on Amazon, you should be able to get your money back...I think....call them)
You can still get your money back, just contact the seller if he don't want to help you contact ebay.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 'claim' or filed a complaint with the seller. It gave me the option to type, so I typed that they sent me a baby blanket, and took pictures of it.

I am not sending this back to China on my own dime.

Amazon claims stated to allow the seller two days to respond, so I won't hit it with a negative review or anything just yet.

While the chinese character doesn't seem to be the same, the pronunciation of is is close according to google:

saddle
blanket

Ān
tǎn

How did you know that?! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks!

All of a sudden, within hours of my 'claim' through Amazon, the seller went from having six color choices listed to three ... and the color I ordered and wanted isn't one of them.

I still think it's funny, but would have liked to been riding and testing it out instead of waiting. But then we have a possible hurricane hitting in two days, so ... might as well wait.

Chinatera apologized and claims he is sending me an orange one to fix the issue, but I'm a little dubious, and the craptastic saddle that came on the new bike isn't cutting it.

Funny thing, though - the wider no-name-brand saddle I got with my fixed gear from bikesDirect.com is far more comfortable. Maybe I have wider sit bones than I ever thought I did?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And someone else is out there trying to wrap a baby in bike saddle!
Ha!

---

I just now got the e-mail notification from Chinatera (the seller) with the USPS tracking number, and he asked me to check it in three days (approx time to hit US shores to actually be tracked I guess).

Next door neighbors are having a baby in a few days ... but some part of me wants to keep this baby blanket as a memento :D

I could line the dog's bed with it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Follow up - Chinatera has asked me to please take my two-star review of him and his business down after sending me a yellow saddle after I specifically answered his original apology and offer to only send the orange saddle I requested, or to refund my money.

He's letting me keep the yellow saddle and the yellow baby blanket, and letting me keep my money (that Amazon awarded me back - not him), but the Amazon reviews exist to help others understand sellers. This guy wasted two weeks of his and my time over a cheap saddle that I could have easily picked up from some other seller and NOT had to give him a less-than-stellar review. :skep:

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Ha!

---

I just now got the e-mail notification from Chinatera (the seller) with the USPS tracking number, and he asked me to check it in three days (approx time to hit US shores to actually be tracked I guess).

Next door neighbors are having a baby in a few days ... but some part of me wants to keep this baby blanket as a memento :D

I could line the dog's bed with it.
These are the people that gave us tainted baby formula and toothpaste with anti-freeze; I wouldn't trust that blanket to give to my neighbors

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are the people that gave us tainted baby formula and toothpaste with anti-freeze; I wouldn't trust that blanket to give to my neighbors
Um...

Too late - but I did tell them to wash it first!

Let's face it - nearly every piece of baby clothing and furniture is already made in China for the average middle-income and lower families. My Chinese saddles could give me AIDS, I guess... but I'm riding a few of them anyway. :D

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,420 Posts
...(edit).....

..... This guy wasted two weeks of his and my time over a cheap saddle that I could have easily picked up from some other seller and NOT had to give him a less-than-stellar review. :skep:
Hey, that's the risk you take dealing online.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts