Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not one to hijack my own thread, but firsttrax did ask so I'll start a new Chloe thread.

Her left eye still has not healed, we're continuing with the antibiotic and "salt" ointment. Vet thinks it looks a little better.

While we were there, I mentioned I was going to go by her regular vet to get her nails clipped. Dr. B's face lit up "Oh! I have a new thing, a "calming hood", I'd like to try on her. I'll do her nails" Sure, why not. She attaches this thing to Chloe's collar, then pulls it over her face and velcroes it under her chin. Nose and mouth are exposed, eyes are covered. Chloe goes into panic mode "OHMYGODI'MBLIND, OHMYGODI'MBLIND!"
Hood is removed. :rolleyes:

It took me, vet tech, and Dr to hold the power Corgi down for a nail trim. The noises she made - tech is holding Chloe, vet is clipping toes, I'm in front of C scratching her muzzle and talking, she's moaning/growling/whining/crying. Walked out of the exam room to the lobby, all eyes on Chloe. :eek:

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Remember, it will be your child

who decides which nursing home to place you in eventually.

That said, the wife-spousal-unit accidentally knocked Scarlett The Destructor off the couch mid-nap about 15 minutes ago, summarily decreasing the value of our parent stock if Scarlett's contemptuous look was any indication.

Chloe will survive...but she will NOT forget. No greenies for you.....(or us apparently).

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
snapdragen said:
Not one to hijack my own thread, but firstrax did ask so I'll start a new Chloe thread.

Her left eye still has not healed, we're continuing with the antibiotic and "salt" ointment. Vet thinks it looks a little better.

While we were there, I mentioned I was going to go by her regular vet to get her nails clipped. Dr. B's face lit up "Oh! I have a new thing, a "calming hood", I'd like to try on her. I'll do her nails" Sure, why not. She attaches this thing to Chloe's collar, then pulls it over her face and velcroes it under her chin. Nose and mouth are exposed, eyes are covered. Chloe goes into panic mode "OHMYGODI'MBLIND, OHMYGODI'MBLIND!"

It took me, vet tech, and Dr to hold the power Corgi down for a nail trim. The noises she made - tech is holding Chloe, vet is clipping toes, I'm in front of C scratching her muzzle and talking, she's moaning/growling/whining/crying. Walked out of the exam room to the lobby, all eyes on Chloe. :eek:
Toe pics! Toe Pics!

I hope the left eye heals soon. Its got to be tough on her (and mumma). Were all pulling for her.

"Calming Hood". Thats funny. Since when does pulling a sheet over a dogs head mean anything other than "game on"!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
snapdragen said:
Not one to hijack my own thread, but firsttrax did ask so I'll start a new Chloe thread.

I guess I am out of the loop on this, but you have a corgi? Do you like the breed? My wife and I have an english bulldog and a mut, and we are thinking about another smallish dog once the mut goes to the great big toilet in the sky. I've always like corgis because of their looks, and they are relatively small. Same with the bulldogs, but I can't get that dog to walk around the block with me, much less run. Will the corgi run? is it good for it?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, you've obviously not been paying attention! firsttrax and I both are owned by Corgis. They will run, on their own terms. :rolleyes: I doubt a corgi would make a great running partner though. They can be very headstrong beasts, they are also full of personality. Big dogs in small packages is how most people describe them.

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
morrison said:
Will the corgi run?
Yeah but you'll still be walking:D. Their not fast but they corner like their on rails. Oddly enough Corgis are herding dogs so they do well outdoors. Radar loves to be on the go. He's sumitted Mt. Washington six times. Like Snap said they are head strong and full of personality. They are small dogs for people who prefer big dogs.
Here's what the other end looks like.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
firstrax said:
Yeah but you'll still be walking:D. Their not fast but they corner like their on rails. Oddly enough Corgis are herding dogs so they do well outdoors. Radar loves to be on the go. He's sumitted Mt. Washington six times. Like Snap said they are head strong and full of personality. They are small dogs for people who prefer big dogs.
Here's what the other end looks like.
Herding dogs? What the hell do they herd, hamsters? Sheep would tell them to "piss of, shorty". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Hope that Chloe gets better.

I have to take my dog into the vet today. He also has something wrong with his eyes, think that it is conjuntivitis, but not sure where he got it from. The lower lids of his eyes are all swollen up and oozing. He is blinking a lot, but not scratching them much.

This is the same dog that got shot, so right now he is my 3 legged, blind dog. Thinking about changing his name to Lucky.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Snap, sorry to hear about Chloe's eye, glad it's starting to clear though. The "calming" hood sounds like a terrible idea, I think that only works for horses and birds. BTW Snap that is a wonderful picture of Chloe :D
As for the nails Skipper is a nightmare. In all other things he is fine but approach his feet and he gets jumpy. For example he had a hot spot near his tail and he let the vet shave it and treat it without blinking an eyelash. But I have to put him in a wrestling hold in order to get his nails clipped. One time, soon after I got him(read newbie), I let the vet take him in the back to clip his nails which was a BIG mistake. :mad: They put a muzzle on him and 2 people held him down while another came at him with the clippers. He got out of the muzzle and nipped the guy with the nail clippers! He didn't break the skin but got a bad rep and for about a year they wanted him muzzled while he was in there. It's all good now, one of the newer vets said the other guy was a doof and Skipper was not to blame for being scared sh#tless and going after the guy,so no more muzzle. Now hubby and I clip the nails.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
snapdragen said:

Damn, I thought kids were a lot of work. I have two of them and have probably spent less time with them at "health care providers" than you have with Chloe. On the bright side (for you), dogs are less likely to go Menendez Brothers on their parents than kids are. ;)

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rogger said:
Herding dogs? What the hell do they herd, hamsters? Sheep would tell them to "piss of, shorty". :rolleyes:
They herd cattle poo brain! Don't pick on my dog, I'm sick and I'll cough on you.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
snapdragen said:
They herd cattle poo brain! Don't pick on my dog, I'm sick and I'll cough on you.
I did a quick search and yes, they herd cattle. By biting them in the ankles. :rolleyes:

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rogger said:
I did a quick search and yes, they herd cattle. By biting them in the ankles. :rolleyes:
They herd their people too :rolleyes: Chloe looks quite abashed when I call her on it. "Oh damn, I'm not supposed to herd the food giver".

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
snapdragen said:
They herd their people too :rolleyes: Chloe looks quite abashed when I call her on it. "Oh damn, I'm not supposed to herd the food giver".
There's a reason I like cats better. ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
sn69 said:
who decides which nursing home to place you in eventually.

That said, the wife-spousal-unit accidentally knocked Scarlett The Destructor off the couch mid-nap about 15 minutes ago, summarily decreasing the value of our parent stock if Scarlett's contemptuous look was any indication.

Chloe will survive...but she will NOT forget. No greenies for you.....(or us apparently).
Tread very carefully with Greenies! They may cause GI obstruction & complications includig death (read the fine print on a bag). Did you see CNN's 18 min on Greenies? Be very careful. I stopped giving them to my dogs several years ago when one of them threw up big chunks of them late one night, two days after I had given them. We sent our stash of them back to our supplier & quit selling them. They are very difficult to digest & often are not.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chloe never seemed to care for greenies. She's much happier with a "chocolate" nylabone.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts