Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is, her right eye is completely healed. She still had the contact lens in it. Eye Vet says there is little or no scarring.

Left eye still has an ulcer, smaller, but still there. The contact fell out of this eye at some point in this adventure. So, left eye was again debrided. Vet had no more contacts, they are desperately looking for a source to donate expired human lenses. Anyway, we now have antibiotic ointment, and a "salt" ointment to protect the eye. Ointments are more difficult to get in her eyes, especially when she can shut those babies tight.

She doesn't seem to be as uncomfortable as she was last time. Maybe because it's only one eye this time. I'm tempted to put a little pirate eye patch on her.....arrrh matey.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,207 Posts
That is good news! One eye healed, and the other on the way. You must be breathing a little easier now.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Cool......

snapdragen said:
The good news is, her right eye is completely healed. She still had the contact lens in it. Eye Vet says there is little or no scarring.

Left eye still has an ulcer, smaller, but still there. The contact fell out of this eye at some point in this adventure. So, left eye was again debrided. Vet had no more contacts, they are desperately looking for a source to donate expired human lenses. Anyway, we now have antibiotic ointment, and a "salt" ointment to protect the eye. Ointments are more difficult to get in her eyes, especially when she can shut those babies tight.

She doesn't seem to be as uncomfortable as she was last time. Maybe because it's only one eye this time. I'm tempted to put a little pirate eye patch on her.....arrrh matey.
Progress.

Len

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Getting there!

Good to hear. Hope the pup is 100% soon!

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
I saw this dog on the rescue site where I got my last dog and instantly wanted to get her for my own.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My cousin had a dachshund with one eye - lost it in a fight with a cat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
snapdragen said:

Have they mentioned/suggested either a third eyelid or conjunctival flap? Would cover, protect, & allow the ulcer to heal. The lymphoid tissue on the backside of the nictitans is good for this. Best of luck.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SHVentus said:
Have they mentioned/suggested either a third eyelid or conjunctival flap? Would cover, protect, & allow the ulcer to heal. The lymphoid tissue on the backside of the nictitans is good for this. Best of luck.
Not specifically, but she did say that if it became necessary, there was a surgical option. I would think she was talking about the third eyelid. (Whick Chloe has become very adept at keeping shut when it's time for medicine...... :mad: )

·
Daylight Fading
1,902 Posts
Snap, go to any local optometrist to get the contacts

snapdragen said:

most all of the sample contacts that are given out don't cost anything. I"m sure that they'd give you one or two.

BT

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eyebob said:
most all of the sample contacts that are given out don't cost anything. I"m sure that they'd give you one or two.

BT
Maybe I'll do that if this treatment course doesn't do the trick. In a kind of funny way, the Eye Vet was a little excited - using Chloe as a "control" to see which treatment works better. Debridement and contact lens or debridement and ointments.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Glad to hear she's doin better! I was gonna say, you can buy contacts online very cheaply. Don't think you need a real script. $30 could probably get you a bunch if necessary.

Maddie says woof!

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Glad to hear things are looking better, please keep us posted. Skipper and I wish her speedy recovery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts